Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-20-2007, 10:29 AM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Adam's Enhanced Application Image

For developers with reflash ability.

I've customized the appliation package for the reflash. This saves me a good amount of time when reflashing the iLiad so that I don't have to set up all my customizations.

It includes
  • Wired Network Started at Boot with DHCP
  • Dropbear with SCP started on Boot
  • Latest Stylus Calibration/Multibutton Patch
  • Enhanced IPDF
  • USB Keyboard Support on Boot
  • GNU Bash Shell (3.2.0)
  • Additional gdk-pixbuf Loaders (For 3rd Party Apps Requiring them)
  • Latest busybox (1.6.1) with many additional tools (see here for details)

Because of iRex restrictions, I'm distributing it as a binary patch. You'll need bsdiff to apply the patch to app.image.gz in the iRex supplied cf-card-contents.zip.

Patch File (1.8 MB): http://projects.mobileread.com/iliad...enhanced.patch

To Patch
Code:
gunzip app.image.gz
bspatch app.image app.image.patched enhanced.patch
gzip app.image.patched
mv app.image.patch.gz app.image.gz
md5sum app.image.gz > app.image.gz.md5
Copy app.image.gz and app.image.gz.md5 to the images folder your memory card. Shutdown, and reflash normally.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:29 AM   #2
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
For developers with reflash ability.
(...)
Because of iRex restrictions, I'm distributing it as a (large) binary patch. You'll need bsdiff to apply the patch to app.image.gz in
(...)
Ups! I have just noticed why your patch is so large. At first I thought that your patch was large because of loop-mounting the image without the "noatime" parameter, but the problem is elsewhere.

Can you try to generate a patch of the uncompressed app.image (instead of app.image.gz)?

That should be a lot smaller (the patch can be compressed later, of course).

Thanks for developing an enhanced app.image ! I hope to be using it soon (once I find some spare time ).
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:39 AM   #3
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

You sir, are a genius. It brought the patch from 22MB to almost 500KB.

Making the patch out of the unzipped copy did the trick. I also assumed it had something to do with the loop mounting. Once I test this version of the image, I'll update the patch. I've added USB Keyboard support on boot.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:57 AM   #4
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
This sounds cool.
It's a pity that I missed Matthijs' deadline, I have to wait for the general developers release.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:39 PM   #5
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
You sir, are a genius. It brought the patch from 22MB to almost 500KB.
Not quite a genious, but nevertheless I have a good ego :-b

I was about to requesting that you use xdelta in place of bsdiff, but having seen the debian page about bsdiff, it seems that it's the right tool for the job (that is, it usually generates smaller patches).

Expecting your (smallish) new patch...
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:03 PM   #6
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

The first post has been updated.

The only bug I can find is that even though the Calibrate Stylus script is in the settings page, I can't get it to launch from there. You'll have to copy it from /usr/share/contentlister/mode/??/0calibrate to where ever you'd like it. I probably need to change the manifest to have it launch from where it's at.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:00 PM   #7
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

First Post Updated with more features.