Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 04:09 AM   #166
rickyoon.vegas
rickyoon.vegas began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson (Book 2 of Mistborn Trilogy)
rickyoon.vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #167
HeadshotHeather
HeadshotHeather began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billjr13 View Post
Thanks HeadshotHether and welcome to MobileRead and for the point towards a zombie read. WE can always use a good Zombie story, Right DR. DRIB? I will give it a look. Is your husband Tony working on a followup?
Thanks for the welcome, Billjr13! I hope you enjoy the book if you decide to give it a look. Everyone who has read it, so far has really enjoyed it. (and no, I'm not just saying that to help sell his book)

Tony has actually just started working on the prequel/sequel to the book.

Have a good one!
HeadshotHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:56 PM   #168
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyGeek View Post
On my Nokia N800 I suspended The Subtle Knife for this,

The Tunguska Mystery
By Vladimir Rubtsov
I don't know about you, but I personally found The Subtle Knife to be more than a little unsubtle. However, the Tunguska Mystery sounds like it would be excellent!

Oh, and I just started Perdido Street Station by China Mieville.
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #169
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Magic Kingdom for Sale — SOLD!

by Terry Brooks
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:19 AM   #170
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
Magic Kingdom for Sale — SOLD!

by Terry Brooks
Great book. One of my favorites by Brooks.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:04 AM   #171
shootingMaNs
later...
shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, iRiver Story HD, Nook Color Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishStyx View Post
I don't know about you, but I personally found The Subtle Knife to be more than a little unsubtle. However, the Tunguska Mystery sounds like it would be excellent!

Oh, and I just started Perdido Street Station by China Mieville.

Perdido Street Station is a great read!
shootingMaNs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:58 AM   #172
Acrimonious
Acrimonious began at the beginning.

Device: none
The Elminster Saga: The Making of a Mage by Ed Greenwood was my first read of 2010 (and incidentally my first read on my first e-reader XD)
Acrimonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #173
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
My first "fresh" book that I have completed this year is The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:32 PM   #174
SarahRae
SarahRae is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Mother's Milk

My first e-book of the new year: "Mother's Milk" by Andrew Thomas Breslin

There's a huge dairy industry conspiracy. Cow milk isn't what we thought it was, and the "milk thugs" are working to keep it covered up. "Mother's Milk" is funny, mysterious and engaging. I highly recommend it!
SarahRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:30 AM   #175
clowe1028
clowe1028 began at the beginning.

Device: Stanza
Mine would be Percy Jackson and the Olympians - The Lightning Thief.
After reading the first book, I hurriedly looked for the rest of the ebooks of the series. 5 books in total. It never bored me.
clowe1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #176
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by clowe1028 View Post
Mine would be Percy Jackson and the Olympians - The Lightning Thief.
After reading the first book, I hurriedly looked for the rest of the ebooks of the series. 5 books in total. It never bored me.
I read that series this year, and liked it as well
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:01 PM   #177
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Mine is Canticle. I started it in '09, but still haven't plowed through it. Gah.
I guess the next fresh read this year would be "Bone Song" and its sequel.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote