Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #13351
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
You can't get from fast getaway to fastidious dresser by changing one word and, at most, one letter in the other word. Therefore:

getaway car
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #13352
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
I need to start keeping better track of everyone's posts I guess. I let a LOT of stuff just go by.

getaway DRIVER
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #13353
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
golf driver

And I think TGS is right... you can change 1 letter in 1 of the words either by adding a letter, deleting a letter or changing a letter, but only 1.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #13354
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by victauria View Post

love poem
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
live again
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
You can't get from fast getaway to fastidious dresser by changing one word and, at most, one letter in the other word. Therefore:

getaway car

I'm interested to see the comment about going from "fast getaway" to "fastidious dresser," but if the game is CHANGE ONE WORD as titled, I don't see how it works to go from "love poem" to "live again." Clearly changes BOTH words.

victauria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #13355
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My point exactly about letting things just go by. NOT THAT BIG A DEAL. Everyone has done the same thing a time or two. It's just a word game. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #13356
MzMARR
~♪♫♪♫~
MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2
Quote:
I'm interested to see the comment about going from "fast getaway" to "fastidious dresser," but if the game is CHANGE ONE WORD as titled, I don't see how it works to go from "love poem" to "live again." Clearly changes BOTH words.

I agree with Victauria! How is it that someone can say "LOVE POEM" and the next person (who shall remain nameless) says "LIVE AGAIN" but then have the audacity to call someone out on a simple error? And if I may point out, this person (who again, shall remain nameless) is one of the people on here who MAKES THE SAME MISTAKE OVER AND OVER AGAIN BUT NO ONE ELSE CALLS THEM OUT SO HOW THEY FEEL THEY CAN CALL OUT EVERYONE ELSE IS BEYOND ME. HMMMM

Ignorance isn't always bliss!
MzMARR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #13357
MzMARR
~♪♫♪♫~
MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MzMARR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Cuda View Post
My point exactly about letting things just go by. NOT THAT BIG A DEAL. Everyone has done the same thing a time or two. It's just a word game. Nothing more, nothing less.
OK OK, I'll let it go
MzMARR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #13358
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzMARR View Post
I agree with Victauria! How is it that someone can say "LOVE POEM" and the next person (who shall remain nameless) says "LIVE AGAIN" but then have the audacity to call someone out on a simple error? And if I may point out, this person (who again, shall remain nameless) is one of the people on here who MAKES THE SAME MISTAKE OVER AND OVER AGAIN BUT NO ONE ELSE CALLS THEM OUT SO HOW THEY FEEL THEY CAN CALL OUT EVERYONE ELSE IS BEYOND ME. HMMMM

Ignorance isn't always bliss!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzMARR View Post
OK OK, I'll let it go
Because, if you look at the original post, I extended the game to include being able to change one letter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
This is game where you build off of the post before you by changing one (and only one) word. The challenge is that your new post must make sense.

Example:

Field Goal

Goal Post

Goal Keeper

Bee Keeper

(No, you do not have to highlight your change in any way, I only did that for the example).

[Edited to Add (June 17th)]: You can also choose to change a letter in one of the words to make a whole new set of words:

River Raft

Craft Table

Table Top

Stop Sign

Have Fun!

I'll start:

Jump Up

I did not think to change the name of game/title at the time. I figured everyone would look at the first post before playing. I'm sorry if this has since caused argument or confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
golf driver
golf cart
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #13359
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules

Nothing is your fault in any way shape or form Nyssa.

Golf club
Old 02-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #13360
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I didn't see anything wrong with that switch... love, change the o to i for live, to get to "live again". Is that not a correct play? And like others, I let a lot pass too, but it would be nice to know the rules.

gold leaf
Old 02-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #13361
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I didn't see anything wrong with that switch... love, change the o to i for live, to get to "live again". Is that not a correct play? And like others, I let a lot pass too, but it would be nice to know the rules.
The rules are explained in the original post, which I quoted above!

Quote:

gold leaf
leaf blower
Old 02-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #13362
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder

That's what I get for keeping my reply window open, go do something else, and then come back!

water leak
Old 02-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #13363
Nyssa
Series Addict

leaky faucet
Old 02-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #13364
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules

leaky roof
Old 02-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #13365
Nyssa
Series Addict

Roof tiles

Tags
change one word, wordy