Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
lebrabbie
lebrabbie began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook iq
Not able to install the Kindle app for Android on my new Pocktbook IQ

I need help. I'm feeling like I may have purchased the wrong e-reader. I purchased the pocketbook iq so I would have the option for downloading from multiple locations, reading magazines, as well as checking out library books. But trying to make this work seems more complicated than I thought it would be. I feel like a kindergartener sitting in a college course as I'm trying to figure this thing out. I've tried searching the web, but most of the posts are from early 2011, and I'm guessing things have changed since then? Maybe not though.

I am currently using a 4GB SD card. I have been able to download some apps, such as pandora, the Kobo reader. But I have not been able to download the kindle app. It just says that it will not work properly on my device. I did the latest firmware update that was on the pocketbook website (2.1.1), but I feel like I'm still missing something.

I'm also wondering how to get the text to speech working. The Pocketbook iq has the capabilities, but I don't know how to implement the feature.

Are there any really good, dummed down tutorials online that anyone could recommend?

Any thoughts on why the kindle app is not working?

Help! Thanks
lebrabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
musicman2523
Groupie
musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pocketbook iq 701
first go the download the older version of the kindle program. Make sure you're downloading the the .apk file and not the computer one.
In settings choose allow other programs. ( or allow programs from other sources )
I've had mine for over a yr and no problems at all. I run 2.06 on mine because of issues with wi fi.
there are no tutorials that i know of.
musicman2523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
lebrabbie

When I try that it says "Parse Error: There is a problem parsing the package." I have no clue what that means.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
lebrabbie

nevermind, I figured it out. Just had to install an even older version. Thanks for the advice!

Tags
kindle app, pocketbook iq, tutorial