Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #1
paulpeer
Zealot
paulpeer is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, Sony PRS-505, EPUBreader
Feature request: soft hyphens

I tried to add soft hyphens to a text. This works perfectly. But when I save the text, and open it again with Sigil, all the hyphens are gone ...
paulpeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:58 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpeer View Post
I tried to add soft hyphens to a text. This works perfectly. But when I save the text, and open it again with Sigil, all the hyphens are gone ...
Define what you mean by "soft hyphens". There's more than one way to add them.

Create an issue on the tracker along with the step-by-step procedure that replicates this problem. Attach an epub file if necessary.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
paulpeer
Zealot
paulpeer is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, Sony PRS-505, EPUBreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Define what you mean by "soft hyphens". There's more than one way to add them.
I used the html method: *ampersand-s-h-y-semicolon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Create an issue on the tracker along with the step-by-step procedure that replicates this problem. Attach an epub file if necessary.
OK
paulpeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #4
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpeer View Post
I used the html method: *ampersand-s-h-y-semicolon
Then HTML Tidy probably converted it an UTF-8 equivalent character. It's still there though (or at least it should be).
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
soft hyphens