Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-24-2014, 06:38 PM   #31
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
I prefer holding the naked device so I use a zippered sleeve to carry it around in relative safety. http://www.amazon.com/Wenger-LEGACY-...ref=pd_cp_pc_3

That case looks like it's for the original Nook!

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:32 PM   #32
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
I was hoping to find a flip-cover that could serve as a stand, but there aren't many options. This iGadgitz case seems like the best, but it looks bulky and over-engineered.
I went with this one. A more thorough read of the reviews and looking at some customer images eased my concerns. While it has a puffy look in some of the product photos, it weighs in a little lighter than the Amazon case, on par with those hardshells I was considering, and only about doubles the PW's thickness (probably more comfortable for my big mitts). Reviewers say it stays propped at multiple angles, too. Unfortunately, it's not Prime--takes one week to one month to ship from England.

ETA: For anyone else this side of the pond interested in that case, check "more buying options." The item is available Amazon-fulfilled with Prime shipping from the same seller for $1 more

I've contacted the seller and hopefully they'll let me cancel and re-order.

Last edited by taosaur; 03-24-2014 at 08:51 PM.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:56 PM   #33
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I was able to cancel and re-order the iGadgitz case, and it arrived today. It's much sleeker and better looking than the product shots suggest. This customer image is a better representation:

You can feel the weight gain vs. the naked device, but overall it makes the KPW much easier to handle, whether held or left freestanding.

The bottom clips that you have to pop free to use the stand seem kind of unnecessary. Right now, the upper clips alone grip the device quite firmly, but maybe they'll loosen up over time and I'll be glad to have the bottom ones. The clips are the best solution I've seen for holding the device in a case--less tenacious than a plastic hardshell and less unsightly than elastic bands.

I don't see myself using the strap much. It's recessed into the cover, so your hand doesn't just slip in there--you have to pick and dig at the strap first. Once you're in there, though, one-handed reading is more comfortable and page turns less awkward.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #34
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
I just received my new PW2 case and I love it. I am so glad that I decided to try this one over the official one. Not that there is anything wrong with the official one but...this one cost me way less and it has the sleep function. Excellent case!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Penny
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:47 AM   #35
jscarbo
Addict
jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW2, Nook HD+, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystika1 View Post
I just received my new PW2 case and I love it. I am so glad that I decided to try this one over the official one. Not that there is anything wrong with the official one but...this one cost me way less and it has the sleep function. Excellent case!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Penny
I also recommend the Omoton case. I have two of them and they're great. For some reason it's listed twice on Amazon and is $2 cheaper if you follow this link:

http://www.amazon.com/OMOTON-thinnes...AJ7H2TDEFE6AJH
jscarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:32 PM   #36
stutzj
Zealot
stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, PW2, Kindle 5(black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscarbo View Post
I also recommend the Omoton case. I have two of them and they're great. For some reason it's listed twice on Amazon and is $2 cheaper if you follow this link:

http://www.amazon.com/OMOTON-thinnes...AJ7H2TDEFE6AJH
I have the Fintie soft shell case which is also quite light but am not entirely satisfied with it. I'm interested in this case but I have some questions for people who have it:

1. Does the cover leave any kind of gap between the rim of the case and the lid when closed? Is it possible for coins or paperclips to slide into the top?

2. Also does the 'synthetic leather' have an odor?

3. The material that connects the lid to back part of the case - is it flimsy or have some actual structure to it? When you fold the cover over does it line up naturally with the back case?

4. Does the cover bend?

5. Does the magnet for the lid work well?

Thanks.

Last edited by stutzj; 04-05-2014 at 04:35 PM.
stutzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:41 PM   #37
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by stutzj View Post
I have the Fintie soft shell case which is also quite light but am not entirely satisfied with it. I'm interested in this case but I have some questions for people who have it:

1. Does the cover leave any kind of gap between the rim of the case and the lid when closed? Is it possible for coins or paperclips to slide into the top?

2. Also does the 'synthetic leather' have an odor?

3. The material that connects the lid to back part of the case - is it flimsy or have some actual structure to it? When you fold the cover over does it line up naturally with the back case?

4. Does the cover bend?

5. Does the magnet for the lid work well?

Thanks.
I am not at home at e moment but I can answer most of your questions.

2. I don't smell anything. I do have sinus problems so maybe someone else can smell an odor.
3. I find it to line up well and is stiff.
4. Mine does not bend.
5. The magnet works very well. The sleep function is wonderful.

I didn't answer number one because I will need to check to make sure but from what I remember the cover lays completely flat when closed...I have never noticed any gaps.

Hope this helps,

Penny
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:33 AM   #38
stutzj
Zealot
stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, PW2, Kindle 5(black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystika1 View Post
I am not at home at e moment but I can answer most of your questions.

2. I don't smell anything. I do have sinus problems so maybe someone else can smell an odor.
3. I find it to line up well and is stiff.
4. Mine does not bend.
5. The magnet works very well. The sleep function is wonderful.

I didn't answer number one because I will need to check to make sure but from what I remember the cover lays completely flat when closed...I have never noticed any gaps.

Hope this helps,

Penny

Very helpful! Thanks so much. I think I'll give it a shot and try it out.
stutzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #39
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I can post an update on my case. I ordered one of the ebay knockoffs from China six months ago. It looks just like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smart-Ultra-...3D321187240297

I'm not sure if that's the same seller I used.

I did like this case a lot; now I am noticing cracks where the cover joins the body of the case. I think eventually the cover is going to detach. I guess you can't expect it to last forever for the price!

eP

I'm
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #40
JMBlackie
JMBlackie began at the beginning.

Device: (Kindles) Touch, Fire HD, Paperwhite2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
They are great but a little pricey. I'm too thrifty to spend $40 on a case.
Agreed. That's why I got this one: http://goo.gl/SPrHPn - and now it's even cheaper, about $10 as of today. The leather is better looking than my regular Kindle Fire HD cover that cost me many times as much. YMMV
JMBlackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:19 AM   #41
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBlackie View Post
Agreed. That's why I got this one: http://goo.gl/SPrHPn - and now it's even cheaper, about $10 as of today. The leather is better looking than my regular Kindle Fire HD cover that cost me many times as much. YMMV
I still think it's ironic that the copy of the Amazon Kindle case is sold on the Amazon site itself. (There are also people selling the Kobo readers on the Amazon site. It's like seeing a BMW in the Mercedes showroom )
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #42
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I still think it's ironic that the copy of the Amazon Kindle case is sold on the Amazon site itself. (There are also people selling the Kobo readers on the Amazon site. It's like seeing a BMW in the Mercedes showroom )
No more "ironic" than the fact that the Google Play store doesn't only sell apps written by Google themselves. It's just a storefront.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, cover, paperwhite, protection