Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #436
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
I received my code this afternoon. 237 transferred out of 252. not to shabby.
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #437
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
All of you talking about the code, how about this - I finally got the email saying Fictionwise was closing. Good thing I downloaded all my books when I first learned of this. Still, it would be nice to have them in my Nook library. Wonder if they'll get it done by the 21st. Doubt it!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #438
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Ahhh, bummer.

But I figured it was only a matter of time.
how can one even read a fiction book in the first place. Kinda like watching a fake movie.
Doug.
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #439
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
I never got a code, but I noticed last night most or maybe all of my fictionwise and ereader books were in my BN account. They all did have the same email and credit card numbers. I've not checked to see how many made it over. The only one I'm sure didn't make it over was the ereader dictionary and I didn't expect that one to come over. It wouldn't be very useful as an epub anyway. I was surprised to see the one .lit book I had that hasn't been downloadable for a couple of years made it over as well.

Greg Weeks
gweeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #440
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Give them brownie points for trying:
Quote:
Dear Customer,

Welcome to Barnes & Noble and NOOK®!

You may have already started the process of transitioning the eBooks you purchased through Fictionwise to a NOOK Library at Barnes & Noble. We are resending your access code after receiving some reports from customers who did not experience a full transition.

Please use the code below. This code represents all of the titles that we will transition to a new NOOK Library for you.

Code: _____________

Click here to go to the code redemption page.

• Click through to the redemption page and simply enter your code as prompted. This will move your existing eBooks into a NOOK Library. Depending on how many titles are transitioning to your NOOK Library, this process could take some time.

• If you do not have a BN account connected with this email address, you will be prompted to create one once you enter your access code.

• A few titles may not transfer due to discontinued publishing programs. You will be able to see which titles are not able to be transferred by clicking here. In most cases, you can back up these Fictionwise files by downloading them to your personal hard drive on a Mac or PC. To learn more about backing up these files, please click here.

• If you are new to NOOK, you will be asked to add some account information, including a credit card. A credit card is required to access some secured titles. Please note, however, that your credit card will not be charged for any of the titles that you transferred from Fictionwise nor for the transfer itself.

• If you already have a Barnes & Noble account, you may use that account in the transfer process. Once the transfer is completed, your transferred Fictionwise titles will appear alongside your existing content in your NOOK Library. You can also choose to create a new Barnes & Noble account for this transfer process.

We've made our best effort to ensure that as many of your purchased Fictionwise titles as possible will be available to you as NOOK Books that can be read by downloading NOOK's free mobile app to your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet, as well as reading your eBooks with your PC/Mac web browser, or on the award-winning NOOK® devices.

Don't miss out on this opportunity to get started reading your eBooks with our award-winning products, software and content.

The NOOK Team
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #441
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Has anyone had any luck in getting their copy of "The Lord of the Rings", which magically transformed itself into "The Two Towers" during the transition, sorted out? I'm enjoying a completely fruitless e-mail exchange on the subject which is going nowhere!

(Not that it actually matters - I do of course have a backup of it. I just want to see how many silly excuses B&N support can come up with )
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #442
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Has anyone had any luck in getting their copy of "The Lord of the Rings", which magically transformed itself into "The Two Towers" during the transition, sorted out? I'm enjoying a completely fruitless e-mail exchange on the subject which is going nowhere!

(Not that it actually matters - I do of course have a backup of it. I just want to see how many silly excuses B&N support can come up with )
No luck here. Like you it's not a huge deal for me other than I'd like to see them get it right just because.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #443
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
I got the same email, fjtorres.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #444
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
All I want for Christmas is my code from B&N!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #445
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'll give you mine, Paul. They've sent it to me four times now .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #446
PocketGoddess
Connoisseur
PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, KSO, Nook, iPad
Greg, when did you opt in to the transition? I'm a little worried since I just opted in yesterday and it's only a couple of days until the deadline.

Curious about how long other folks have had to wait.
PocketGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #447
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
I just received my redemption codes (two, one for each account I had at Fictionwise) yesterday. The links did not work in Internet Explorer 9, had to switch to Google Chrome but then the transfers seemed to have gone okay. Some titles I have to read in their online reader, they will not work on the Nook. No biggie, all my titles are backed up and converted anyway.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #448
SASSBS
Connoisseur
SASSBS doesn't litterSASSBS doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard; Kindle Fire
still no code for me in the UK
SASSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #449
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSBS View Post
still no code for me in the UK
Me neither.

I've been sent two emails which both sent me to B&N and once I got there I was told the same thing ... my verification code would be sent out to begin migration of the FW to my B&N/Nook shelf. Still nada on any code.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #450
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Has anyone had any luck in getting their copy of "The Lord of the Rings", which magically transformed itself into "The Two Towers" during the transition, sorted out?
Nope.
Two codes, two transfers... Two copies of Two Towers, twice.
Harvey Dent would be proud of them.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote