Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Javascript double click

Good evening to all!
I'm working on a WAF (Image Gallery) and I need to use the ondblclick event to catch a double click.

It seems that Kindle Touch can't use it!

I could simulate the double tap using onclick and a time delay, but it isn't a good solution as I always get that delay and it isn't funny.

In the WAF's config.xml I found this:

Code:
<param name="multi_tap" value="yes"/>
and that's exactly what I need.
Is there a way to catch that event?
Thanks a lot!!!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I've tried to use dblclick event, but for Pillow stuff. Anyway, Pillow and WAF are backed by the same system-wide WebKit library, so my experience could be possibly applied for your case.

So, in my experiments, double tap should've been made VERY fast to produce dblclick event. No, really, VERY FAST.

(And with dblclick, click event was also produced.)
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Really so fast???
I was tapping at 100 Hz!!

I already managed the two onclick events produced by doubleclick, but I couldn't get the Kindle to catch the double click!

I tried a different way, but ondblclick still remains the better thing to do!

I'll try it again and let you know!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

100 Hz is fast enough so maybe Pillow app can catch dblclick but WAF app can't...
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
silver18
THE NOOB

I tried it again, but no luck!

I came to manage the double click with onclick and timedelay, using an if condition so that I don't get the delay every time!

It works, by now....but definitely not elegant!
Advert
Old 04-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

"multi_tap" may stand for "tap with more than 1 finger"
mr.w0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
silver18
THE NOOB

I think the multi-tap it's actually just like the double-click.
2 fingers should be managed by:

Code:
<param name="pinchzoom" value="yes" properties="fire-on-zoom:1"/>

Last edited by silver18; 05-06-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #8
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Somehow related to your question:
Is there any way to make dictionary work in browser (Kindle Touch)? select a word by touching and showing the menu as in the ebook reader.

Spoiler:
I saw the following in config.xml of browser which confirms that it's possible:
<param name="hold" value="yes"/>
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #9
silver18
THE NOOB

Here's how I fixed this problem:

Code:
var doubleclicks = 0;
var timer;

function doubleClick () {

doubleclicks = 0;
	clearTimeout(timer);
	ENTER WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO HERE

}

function simulateDoubleClick () {

doubleclicks = doubleclicks + 1;