Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #16
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighto View Post
Anyone here speaks Portuguese?

I created a video tutorial, talking in portuguese, about the whole process:

Thanks for the tutorial!
Nighto, nicely done! I don't speak Portuguese, so I watched with the sound off. It was pretty clear what you were doing anyway. I like the way you adapted the technique to your sleeve. Thanks for the video.
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:48 AM   #17
demondog
Enthusiast
demondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: kobo touch
hello

where can i find ''Rare Earth Super Magnets (2-Pack)''

there are no more in this website of your link , i dont know... anybody up a new link of same magnets? thank you =)
demondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #18
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondog View Post

there are no more in this website of your link , i dont know... anybody up a new link of same magnets? thank you =)
Try a quick search of eBay; you will find many MANY sources for small, Rare Earth Magnets there.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #19
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondog View Post
You can find them at http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...=1,42363,42348

If you're in Canada you may find a store near you; or of course they will ship to just about anywhere.

I used one of the small ones in the "A" column. It works perfectly.
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #20
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkavan View Post
You can find them at http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...=1,42363,42348

If you're in Canada you may find a store near you; or of course they will ship to just about anywhere.

I used one of the small ones in the "A" column. It works perfectly.
"The shipping address for your order is outside of Canada and the United States. We will contact you once we have calculated the shipping charge for your area. Therefore, your order total does not reflect the price of shipping at this time. You will be notified of these charges by e-mail and have the opportunity to either proceed with or cancel your order."

eh? That's a sucky system...

I cancelled my order.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #21
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
"The shipping address for your order is outside of Canada and the United States. We will contact you once we have calculated the shipping charge for your area. Therefore, your order total does not reflect the price of shipping at this time. You will be notified of these charges by e-mail and have the opportunity to either proceed with or cancel your order."

eh? That's a sucky system...

I cancelled my order.
I've sent you a private email suggesting a solution.
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #22
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I very much appreciated the suggestion.

And would happily undertake it.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #23
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
The location of the magnetic sleep switch on the Aura is the lower-right corner of the screen (not the bezel).
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #24
Razi
Zealot
Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba E740, Cassiopeia, iLiad, iPad, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Cost me absolutely nothing and works like a charm (stuck a random magnet and felt on a £5 cover that I bought a few weeks ago)

[Image exceeds guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-17-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #25
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Razi, fancy! Much nicer than mine! You did a beautiful job.
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #26
Razi
Zealot
Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a handful of 'rare earth' super magnets somewhere. They are the size and thickness of a penny coin each. When I find them I will just slide one of them in that slot in the cover for cards etc and hold it there using super glue. I am sure magnet does not have to touch the screen. A strong magnet at the right spot would activate the switch. The magnet I am using now is an ordinary affair with less than remarkable strength. Even that works without actually touching the screen. A thin magnet in that card slot would make the whole contraption invisible. Fancy Kobo are asking for £40 for a sleep cover!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #27
joebananas
joebananas began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
hi Razi, that cover looks ideal and would save me a few quid. Where did you get it from?
joebananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #28
Razi
Zealot

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CaseGuru-Lea...obo+cover+aura

It is a vile cover as the elastic straps cover the red sleep/ on off button, the charging port and even the reset pinhole is covered but with the edition of a magnet you don't need to access the red button and the charging port is used hardly once in a week as battery life is really good on this one. As planned, now I have slipped a thin rare earth magnet in the pouch and glued it in the sweet spot so there is no danger of the magnet smashing the screen as it does not protrude any more. A 'rare earth' magnet is an overkill in terms of power as it puts the unit to sleep from a distance of well over an inch and folding the cover all the way back to facilitate holding the unit with one hand also puts my Aura HD to sleep as the force of magnet activates the switch from behind the unit. A thin ordinary magnet would be better but it would have to touch the screen which has its own dangers.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #29
moofychops
Connoisseur
moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Now Have Aura One and ClaraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi View Post
Cost me absolutely nothing and works like a charm (stuck a random magnet and felt on a £5 cover that I bought a few weeks ago)

[Image exceeds guidelines for size - MODERATOR]
Hi Razzi,
Having the same cover from Amazon UK, I have done the same thing and it works well,
Thanks.
Ron

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-17-2014 at 01:44 PM.
moofychops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #30
user38
Enthusiast
user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Sony PRS T1
You can use fridge magnets:

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	117175

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	964
Size:	481.8 KB
ID:	117173