Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 8 mobile. Samsung 8 and 10 Tablets
Question Add Ebooks Converted To .Mobi To Android Kindle App

Add Ebooks Converted To .Mobi To Android Kindle App.
I have a few mobi files on my pc that I wanted to read in the Kindle App on Android on my Nexus 7.
I put them in the Kindle folder on my computer But they don't seem to be recognised on my Kindle Android App
What am I missing, do they not sync am I doing it wrong?
Old 01-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
Berzelius
Connoisseur
Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Berzelius can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle Paperwhite 2 & Sony PRS-T1
Try doing it via Calibre. I've just moved a couple of non-Amazon books to the Android Kindle app on my phone. When you connect your device to your PC Calibre asks for permission to manage it. After agreeing you just need to select the books and click on the Send to Device button.
Advert
Old 01-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 8 mobile. Samsung 8 and 10 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzelius View Post
Try doing it via Calibre. I've just moved a couple of non-Amazon books to the Android Kindle app on my phone. When you connect your device to your PC Calibre asks for permission to manage it. After agreeing you just need to select the books and click on the Send to Device button.
Thanks Only tried Calibre with my Kobo so far.
Got such a lot of books now lol
Old 01-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
Add Ebooks Converted To .Mobi To Android Kindle App.
I have a few mobi files on my pc that I wanted to read in the Kindle App on Android on my Nexus 7.
I put them in the Kindle folder on my computer But they don't seem to be recognised on my Kindle Android App
What am I missing, do they not sync am I doing it wrong?
Put them in the Kindle folder on your Android device, not a folder on your computer.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
I don't think books will sync between devices unless you buy them from Amazon and they are in your Kindle Archive (on Amazon's servers).

If that's what you're asking.

I believe there may be a way around this for books not bought from Amazon by using Calibre, but I'm a bit unsure of the exact details.

Last edited by JMikeD; 01-09-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeD View Post
I don't think books will sync between devices unless you buy them from Amazon and they are in your Kindle Archive (on Amazon's servers).

If that's what you're asking.

I believe there may be a way around this for books not bought from Amazon by using Calibre, but I'm a bit unsure of the exact details.
There is a feature is called the Personal Documents Cloud for that and you get 5GB of space to upload books or docs to. They become part of your Archive and will sync between devices. There is no need to sideload them using USB anymore. You can email or use Send to Kindle from your PC to upload them to the Cloud then access them on any Kindle or Kindle app.

Just go to your Manage Your Kindle page on Amazon's Site and set up your Personal Documents Email address then you can email the books to your Kindle App and they will sync on all Kindles and Kindle apps.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-09-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
Brianrh
Connoisseur
Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
There is a feature is called the Personal Documents Cloud for that and you get 5GB of space to upload books or docs to. They become part of your Archive and will sync between devices. There is no need to sideload them using USB anymore. You can email or use Send to Kindle from your PC to upload them to the Cloud then access them on any Kindle or Kindle app.

Just go to your Manage Your Kindle page on Amazon's Site and set up your Personal Documents Email address then you can email the books to your Kindle App and they will sync on all Kindles and Kindle apps.
Thanks for the advice Blossom. I managed to get some of my non Amazon books into my archive and I can read them in the Kindle app on my phone and tablet and they keep synchronised.

However if I go to my laptop and open the Kindle Cloud Reader I only find the books from Amazon in the Cloud. Shouldn't I be able to view my added books from any Cloud Reader running in a browser without having to authorize each PC?

Thanks.

Brian
Old 01-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrh View Post
Thanks for the advice Blossom. I managed to get some of my non Amazon books into my archive and I can read them in the Kindle app on my phone and tablet and they keep synchronised.

However if I go to my laptop and open the Kindle Cloud Reader I only find the books from Amazon in the Cloud. Shouldn't I be able to view my added books from any Cloud Reader running in a browser without having to authorize each PC?

Thanks.

Brian
Amazon Cloud Reader doesn't have this feature neither does Kindle For PC. It only works on the apps and Kindle devices.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #9
Brianrh
Connoisseur
Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Amazon Cloud Reader doesn't have this feature neither does Kindle For PC. It only works on the apps and Kindle devices.
That's a shame but perhaps one day Amazon will add this feature for those of us who like to read at work during breaks & lunchtime on our work PC.

Thanks anyway.

Brian
Old 03-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #10
zaqqaz000
zaqqaz000 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab 2
To get Kindle for Android to recognize the ebooks
this worked for me on a Samsung Tab 2-10.1
convert ebook to azw3 (use Calibre)
connect Tablet to PC
go to the tablet's folders
Tablet/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files
Install the AZW3 ebooks into this ""files" folder

All done
Old 01-27-2015, 03:19 AM   #11
faredoon
faredoon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
This is a perfect working solution. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaqqaz000 View Post
To get Kindle for Android to recognize the ebooks
this worked for me on a Samsung Tab 2-10.1
convert ebook to azw3 (use Calibre)
connect Tablet to PC
go to the tablet's folders
Tablet/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files
Install the AZW3 ebooks into this ""files" folder

All done
Old 02-15-2015, 11:34 PM   #12
tottin7856
tottin7856 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung 10.1 Tab 3
How I add books to Kindle app on phone or tablet.

I use calibre to convert to mobi if it is not already in that form. Then I just email it to that device. Works for me.
If you don't know the email address, just look under settings in your kindle app. Your email address will be there.
For example, if my regular email is myemail123@yahoo.com, my email address on say my phone might be myemail123_45@kindle.com and my tablet might be myemail123_26@kindle.com.
After you email, next time you bring up your app it will be there. If it appears that the cover didn't get through, click on the book and open it, then close it. The cover ususally appears then.
There are various forms that the Kindle apps will accept as well, not just mobi. Hope this helps.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:46 PM   #13
B-Reader
B-Reader began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Note 3
I just added over 7980 books to the Kindle app on my Samsung Note 3. All I did was copy the individual .mobi files (don't copy folder, just individual files) to the Kindle folder on my Note 3 and they appeared immediately in my Kindle app. No converting or e-mailing. Shockingly simple. I was about to download that Calibre app when I said let me just try copying them!

Additionally-whichever book I choose to read I can e-mail to my Kindle e-mail address and that book will then sync across all of my devices.

Last edited by B-Reader; 02-21-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:48 PM   #14
B-Reader
B-Reader began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Note 3
Just in case you have other devices, here's a great page I found when seeing how I could handle the i-devices: Transferring e-books.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:33 AM   #15
Shirlzknight
Shirlzknight began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app for Experia Android
Just as a note guys -when using Calibre simply right click on the title you wish to send to your android device and scroll down to send to device then on the sidebar that pops out send specific format- click that and choose mobi and that will send the file (book you chose) to your BOOK folder on your Android, all that remains to be done now is drag the file from the book folder to the kindle folder and Bob's your Uncle and Fanny's your Aunt!
PS If your book isn't in Mobi format you can simply convert it within the Calibre app before doing the above
Closed Thread