Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Problems with Kobo site?

Has anyone else noticed any problems with the Kobo site? I tried to buy a book I've been eyeing for a while and the site has been acting weird. It couldn't find it with a search but when I resubmitted it came up right away. When I clicked on the book it gave me an error message. I tried again and it went through to the purchasing page but when I clicked on the checkout button got another error message. I finally decided to give up because I'd hate for something to go wrong with the purchase, pay my money and get no book for it.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
Has anyone else noticed any problems with the Kobo site? I tried to buy a book I've been eyeing for a while and the site has been acting weird. It couldn't find it with a search but when I resubmitted it came up right away. When I clicked on the book it gave me an error message. I tried again and it went through to the purchasing page but when I clicked on the checkout button got another error message. I finally decided to give up because I'd hate for something to go wrong with the purchase, pay my money and get no book for it.
Problems with Kobo site ?

Where do I start !

As regards your problem with "Search", I have noticed that with some books it won't find them by the title but if you search by author, you can find it in the list of his / her books ?

I've had problems with a purchased book not being added to my Kobo website "Library" even though it says it has, then after complaining there miraculously it is in the "Library"

I've had problems with books downloading as .zip instead of .epub (although this might possibly be an I.E. 9 problem ), then later on downloading ok.

...and probably other stuff that I've forgotten about.
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I've searched for it before and no problems. It wasn't a matter of not finding it by title because when I refreshed the page it came right up as the first result. Didn't change the search at all. Anyway it seems good now and I got my book so it may have just been a hiccup.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote