Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
georg3200
Connoisseur
georg3200 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Pagenums on Apple devices e.g. iPad

When I updated iBooks on the iPad a few month ago, I think in the description there was something about page numbers. Unfortunately I did not read it carefully and do not remember what it was about.

We used to implement page numbers in our epubs (with page-map.xml), but then the iPad was launched. we told our our customers... Sorry, no pagenums on the iPad.

All I find about pagenumbers is, how to use iBooks-author with epubs. This does not really help me to understand how they work in normal epubs.

Does someone has any information about page numbers on the iPad? In the iBook-app.
We use a self developed software to create epubs. It would be nice if we could include this feature...
georg3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
The PageMap was an Adobe extension, that is supported in RMSDK. If Apple implemented something and didn't go their own proprietary way then they probably went with the NCX PageList. A good overview is on the Threepress Blog
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2012, 06:33 AM   #3
georg3200
Connoisseur
georg3200 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the info :-)

BTW: the correct link is
http://blog.threepress.org/2009/11/2...-ncx-pagelist/
georg3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by georg3200 View Post
Thanks for the info :-)

BTW: the correct link is
http://blog.threepress.org/2009/11/2...-ncx-pagelist/
Did you find that this is the method that the iBook uses? iBook claims it is targeted at ePub 3. ePub 3 uses an entirely different method of supporting page numbers using a nav element and the ncx file has been destandardized. For more information see our wiki article on ePub 3.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote