Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-15-2024, 12:58 PM   #1
booktoste
booktoste began at the beginning.

Device: PRS T3
Post page number display

Hi everyone,
I’ve been using the Sony PRS-T3 for many years and always bothered me the way page numbers are displayed. Many times swiping pages will show for example: page 16, page 16-17, page 17, page 18, page 18-19. Making it impossible to know which page you’re actually on.
I read downloaded epubs. Any way of fixing this through the reader or the export on calibre?

Thanks!
booktoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 03:47 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by booktoste View Post
Hi everyone,
I’ve been using the Sony PRS-T3 for many years and always bothered me the way page numbers are displayed. Many times swiping pages will show for example: page 16, page 16-17, page 17, page 18, page 18-19. Making it impossible to know which page you’re actually on.
I read downloaded epubs. Any way of fixing this through the reader or the export on calibre?

Thanks!
There's nothing that needs fixing. Your T3 is working as it should.

What you are seeing is ADE page numbers. Adobe Digital Editions page numbers are based on 1024 compressed characters per page. So sometimes the page will end in the middle of the screen and the next page start after that. When that happens, you see 16-17 type of numbering. The T3 is using RMSDK with is the underlying software for Adobe Digital Editions.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
prs-t3