Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #46
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
Still won't power down even with the jailbreak gone and the factory reset/registration in place. I'll keep fiddling but this is frustrating.
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #47
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
Mine is having trouble too. Uninstalled all the hacks, performed factory reset many times but it does not work.
So I am happy not to be the only one ;-)

I really have no clue what else to do. I tried every single possibilty already described and some others. With hacks, without hacks, double factory reset, changing the *.pem files ...
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #48
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
So I am happy not to be the only one ;-)

I really have no clue what else to do. I tried every single possibilty already described and some others. With hacks, without hacks, double factory reset, changing the *.pem files ...
You can downgrade to 5.0.0 then use 5.1.0 update file
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #49
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
I uninstalled the screensaver hack (thanks, thomass!) and now my power button is back. Whew.
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #50
sky_cowboy
sky_cowboy began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilogis View Post
Hmn, in my case, it goes to sleep but without the screensaver.
I've got the same problem. Installed 5.1 after factory reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowlight View Post
I uninstalled the screensaver hack (thanks, thomass!) and now my power button is back. Whew.
this receipt helped me. Thx)

Last edited by sky_cowboy; 04-12-2012 at 09:56 AM.
sky_cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
some more screenshots with KF8 samples from the above link:
Why is the line spacing so overly large?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #52
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
So, it's usefull to uninstall screensaver hack and launcher before updating do 5.1.0.
Is it then possibile to install again the launcher?
Is the Kindle still rooted after updating?
Thanks
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #53
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why is the line spacing so overly large?
because of my custom settings
Old 04-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #54
rastik
Connoisseur
rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, Kindle Keyboard
If you have problems updating, try to think if you made any changes related to auto rotation based on accelerometer (e.g. lab126_ligl.lua or lab126_orientation.lua). These files are replaced by the update and if there is any change, update will fail with U006.

Good news is that it is possible to activate landscape directly from menu, without having any hack. Even better news is that Amazon made a few changes to rotation code that can auto rotate. Bad news is that Amazon has removed kernel module for accelerometer. So Kindle does not see this device anymore
rastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #55
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
You can downgrade to 5.0.0 then use 5.1.0 update file
Could you please tell me if there's a guide to downgrade or can you address me to a specific thread? Where can I find the needed files?
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #56
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastik View Post
If you have problems updating, try to think if you made any changes related to auto rotation based on accelerometer (e.g. lab126_ligl.lua or lab126_orientation.lua). These files are replaced by the update and if there is any change, update will fail with U006.
Had it some weeks ago on my KT but uninstalled it, of course with the uninstall ... bat. But probably I give it another try. THX for the hint!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #57
diba
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
Could you please tell me if there's a guide to downgrade or can you address me to a specific thread? Where can I find the needed files?
I think, he is aiming at this post from Geekmaster:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170929
Old 04-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #58
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
I think, he is aiming at this post from Geekmaster:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170929
yes, all you need to do is to install mmcblk0p1 with
Code:
dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K
and reset mmcblk0p3 with
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p3 bs=4K
Old 04-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #59
diba
Addict

Can this be done via WinSCP?

Are you sure with the files? I loaded another one , packed in a *.gz

EDIT: found the files, so no need to flash the whole kernel?

EDIT2: ok after having read a bit, it has to be done in fastboot mode, am I right. Good that I have a Fire as well and done some stuff there already...

Last edited by diba; 04-12-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #60
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi.
I successfully updated my KT to the latest version but now I have a strange bug:
I disabled "E-ink refresh every page" but I still have refresh on each page turn!!

could you help me?

ps: it seems it disappears from time to time.

Last edited by varnie; 04-12-2012 at 12:31 PM.
varnie is offline   Reply With Quote