Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
gczobel
Enthusiast
gczobel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, Kindle DXG
Problem with Amazon dictionary

Hi,
I bought yesterday a dictionary on Amazon (English to Spanish)
I download it on my Kindle DXG without problem but when started to use it I saw that some letters (that indicate how pronounce the word) cannot be displayed and are represented like question signs (into a rectangle).
This can be noted from the first definition.

I asked for support and Amazon asked to download again. Of course don't work.
The problem is that I don't known if the problem is on the book or on my Kindle.

Anyone can help me downloading the free sample from Amazon and tell me if see the same question signs?

This is the link to the dictionary on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004X1TE18

in advance
gczobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I don't think the special characters for the IPA are supported on the Kindle, if that's what the dictionary is using. Or, it could be an encoding issue in the dictionary file.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
edicionesbyb
edicionesbyb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello gczobel.

The English to Spanish dictionary worked perfectly on Kindle 3.
Older Kindle devices has problem to display IPA characters. Now, we are working to adapt the dictionary to older Kindle devices.
Thank you for your information.
edicionesbyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #4
edicionesbyb
edicionesbyb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi...
We want to announce that a new release of English-Spanish Dictionary (Nuevo Diccionario Inglés-Español 2011) has been published in Amazon.
It has been adapted for all Kindle versions and older devices. Now you can see pronunciation characters in all ebooks devices.

We hope that you enjoy this new release
Amazon USA: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004X1TE18
Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004X1TE18

Thank you for help us to improve.
edicionesbyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Thank you!
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kindle dictionary