Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
M92: Wi-Fi performance

It seems to me that the Wi-Fi performance of my BOOX M92 is rather pure.

When I "measure" the signal strength using a laptop and a mobile phone, they both show "perfect" signal strength.

In the "Disassembling of Onyx M92" thread (in a post by "FDD"), I have found the information where the "internal Wi-Fi antenna" ("ANT1") is located.
It's on the "back side" of the device, about 1 cm up from the "+" volume control button.

I usually hold my device in my left hand, exactly by this left-down corner, so my hand "fully covers" this area.

Even when I'm just 2 meters away from the router, I get 3 bars only (sometimes even 2 -> this seems to depend on the "orientation" of the M92 with respect to the router).

As soon as I move my hand to the top of the device, I sometimes get 4 bars instead of 3 (especially if I hold the device in a way that its "back side" is oriented towards the router).

However, if I move two "concrete walls" away from the router (bathroom, some 6 meters away), the connection breaks (0 bars) or is very pure (1 bar).

What is your experience?

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 11-28-2012 at 07:15 PM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
Read&Write
Enthusiast
Read&Write has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx M92
I have never had any problems with the WiFi. I rarely use my M92 to do something on the web, but even 3 walls away from the router, the signal is perfect.
Read&Write is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:02 AM   #3
crazydog
error
crazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Keyboard, M92
I have also a very poor signal.
I don't want to compare to my phone or laptop, but my Kindle 3 has a much stronger Wifi signal. K3 show full strength where my M92 hast only 1 bar
crazydog is offline   Reply With Quote