Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
3.01 - Anyone else have problems?

My Kindle was working perfectly...so I was loathe to update the firmware.

But after the update it worked fine last night (read half a book in bed). But this afternoon I took it outside and about after 10 minutes the page refreshes started slowing down to a crawl and the mp3 I was listening to started to occasionally stutter.

Now mind you, it's not the first time I've taken my Kindle outside to read. That's one of the reasons I bought it. And while it was in sunlight, it was late afternoon sunlight, the sun maybe 30 degrees on the horizon (and the temperature outside is in the mid 70s).

I do a restart and it seems to be better for a few minutes, then it happens again. So I put it back inside and go for a walk for half an hour and come back. At least in the few minutes I've read on it inside, seems to be working fine.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
RonF
Zealot
RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-300, K3 WiFi, K4 NT, PW2
Appears that it may be related to the new Pearl Screen, there are a few threads going here and in the Sony section regarding this problem:

Kindle : [Kindle 3] Diminish in performance half way through a book

Sony : Does PRS-350 or PRS-650 slow down in the sun?
RonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 11:30 PM   #3
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, but it worked just fine outside until the update. Indeed, I read outside yesterday, which was sunnier and warmer with no problem.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:29 AM   #4
parablax
parablax began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
No - 3.0.1 fixed all my issues and even increased forward page turns.
parablax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:08 AM   #5
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Have you called Customer Service to see what they say about the issue? I read with my K3 outside every afternoon and haven't experienced a problem.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #6
wesleyer
Connoisseur
wesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I have a DXG here, which uses the Pearl screen. No slow page turns since I have it (about 2 months).
I don't usually read outside, though.
wesleyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #7
JeremyR
Guru

Nope, don't really have a phone, so calling CS is not an option. (Technically I do, but it's one of those pay as you go things that I only use for emergencies)

Very funny that an online company requires people to call to get help.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:55 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
Nope, don't really have a phone, so calling CS is not an option. (Technically I do, but it's one of those pay as you go things that I only use for emergencies)

Very funny that an online company requires people to call to get help.
You don't have to call......there is an email option. Click the "contact me" at the bottom of the page, Sign into your account then click on it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200127470
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #9
Granvillen
Enthusiast
Granvillen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2i., K3
Smile

My wife and I have both K2 and K3. This past week, read every day in the sun on vacation and never an issue. My graphite does get slightly warm, but not hot. Hers is white and does not get warm. We read on and off for 5 hours a day for a week. and no issue in the hot Florida sun. We even got rained on, and the K3 got wet. Wiped it with a towel and not an issue. In fact, We are on our second week without charging.
Granvillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:39 PM   #10
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
There is a 3.0.2 update being tested. Early reports say it speeds things up even more except the light/heat slow page turns.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote