Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-04-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
Frogsmasha
Connoisseur
Frogsmasha began at the beginning.

I'm thinking about selling the coupon.

I haven't actually registered it yet, and I plan on doing it on Saturday (day off), and I was throwing up the idea if anyone would want to purchase this from me? I know it's a bit akward to buy something from someone online when you dont know them personally, so if you want I could make a buy it now auction through eBay if anyone was interested. I'm looking for no less than 35 bucks, and if you plan on using the credit up instantly, it'll be worth it.

So would anyone be interested?
Frogsmasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:38 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I think doing that might be ... complicated. The credit goes to the account that the Reader is registered to, and I don't think you can buy books for someone else with it. So unless you were close enough to phyisically meet and register your Reader to someone else's account, or they were willing to trust you to log into their account and register your Reader (and then un-register it so you could later register it to your account), I don't know how you could arrange doing this.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2006, 04:46 PM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
One can buy gift certificates or scratch cards (though I guess cards are not around yet) and give them to another person.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:47 PM   #4
Frogsmasha
Connoisseur
Frogsmasha began at the beginning.

What if I bought the books the person wanted, and sent them over? Can I do that since it's able to transfer over to a few more devices?

I guess I dont know how it works :>
Frogsmasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:53 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't think you can buy Gift Certificates with the credit.

The books are registered to the account they're bought on, and can only be used on devices that are registered to that account.

Devices can only be registered to a single account at a time, and must be connected to the PC to do the registration. Also you lose the books from an account if you de-register your Reader from that account.

About the only way I can think of is if someone else let you log into their account, register your Reader to it, and then de-register it.

I suppose if they hadn't added any Credit Card info yet, and changed the password on the account after you went in and did your register/deregister, somebody might go for it.
Advert
Old 10-05-2006, 08:58 AM   #6
lordvetinari2
Zealot
lordvetinari2 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi & Galaxy Note
According to the T&C,

Quote:
Limit one (1) Credit per Sony Reader device.
I guess this means you can't have more than one voucher per account.
lordvetinari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:43 AM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvetinari2
I guess this means you can't have more than one voucher per account.
I think it means that you can only get as many vouchers as you have devices, and that you can't register a device a second time to a second account and get a second voucher.

Like if I had two Readers, and registered them both to one account, I'd get two vouchers, one for each Reader on that one account.

But if I have one Reader, and register it to one account, then de-register it, and register it to a second account, I'd only get the voucher on the first account I registered it to.

That's what it seems to be saying to me.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #8
sarahw2275
Connoisseur
sarahw2275 began at the beginning.

Will you be able to use the voucher in the UK? I've been lucky enough to get a reader but it hasn't arrived yet so i'm not sure whether the voucher will be of any use to me.
When you register the reader and the voucher do you have to enter any credit card details etc, because if you do i guess i'm out of luck with Sony only accepting US credit cards.
sarahw2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:55 PM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist

I'm pretty sure tha it doesn't ask for any card info when registering the Reader, nor in using the Certificate. If you go over that amount then you'd need the card. da_jane was able to confirm this over here .