Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-01-2014, 01:20 AM   #1
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Free and bargain romance ebooks + Discussion March 2014

As requested, here is an outline of the purpose of this thread:

We point out free and bargain romances to each other, and recommend certain books that are/were free (or the opposite!).

Because Kindle freebies are easiest to find, the majority of the books listed are from Amazon, but freebies and bargains from other retailers and in other formats are more than welcome!

In case no retailer is specifically mentioned in a post, it is safe to assume it's for Amazon US.

Be aware that many freebies are only free for a day, so grab them fast!

In addition to the freebies, sales, and coupons we do a weekly purchased/read roundup (voluntary only, but it’s fun to use Calibre’s virtual library feature to take a screengrab in cover view ) We also discuss reading apps and devices, books, and life in general a bit in this thread. Sometimes we go off on seemingly unrelated tangents, but we always find our way back…

Be sure to check the last page of February's thread for any deals you may have missed...
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:28 AM   #2
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Has this been talked about: have any of you gone over to see the "Discover a New Love" redesign?

It's almost making me like what Overdrive did my libraries. It's *awful*!
Visually it could be worse but navigationally? Not so good. You have to dig around to find a sort all by release date and then it doesn't even sort by newest to oldest.
I'm not real happy with the Carina Press redesign either.
Agreed. It took me a lot of clicking and several broken links to find the month's featured titles. They still list February, but March's should be HERE soon.

I find it harder to see the new releases at Carina too. But I imagine their new site is modelled after the Harlequin redesign which I am not a fan of
Old 03-01-2014, 08:59 AM   #3
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
If you haven't checked the kobo codes thread, Lady Stardust has posted a 90% code that is working multiple times using the new checkout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
fdkY9rd - 90% off

It worked for me as unlimited, then stopped working in some but works in other countries.
I hope someone can use it.
Happy reading
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #4
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free Harlequins!

When Lightning Strikes (Whiskey Creek #1) by Brenda Novak
Kindle | Nook | Harlequin

Quote:
Gail DeMarco left Whiskey Creek, California, to make a name for herself in Los Angeles. Her PR firm has a roster of A-list clients, including the sexy and unpredictable Simon O'Neal. But Simon, who's just been through a turbulent divorce, won't cooperate, so she drops him from her list—and he retaliates by taking the rest of her clients with him.

Desperate to save her company, Gail makes a deal with Simon. What he wants is custody of his son, but that's going to require a whole new image. He needs to marry some squeaky-clean girl like Gail, who'll drag him off to some small, obscure place like Whiskey Creek…. Gail reluctantly agrees to become his wife. She isn't reluctant because he's too hard to like. It's because he's too hard not to love!
A SEAL's Surrender (Uniformly Hot! #2) by Tawny Weber [#1 was free for a long time]
Kindle | Nook | Harlequin

Quote:
Subject: Lieutenant Commander Cade Sullivan
Mission: He's home to take care of some family business.
Obstacle: Eden Gillespie. The girl who always lands in trouble…has landed in his bed!

Lieutenant Commander Cade Sullivan is the job. His commitment to the Navy SEALs is absolute—almost. Worse still, he's been summoned home, where his family is the town royalty and women vie to be one of Cade's conquests. One of them in particular….

Ever since they were kids, Cade has been rescuing Eden Gillespie. Now she's decided she owes him one heck of a thank-you—one that involves a bed, naked bodies and sweet satisfaction. But when their sexy trysts are discovered, Eden becomes a bit of a town sensation—and not in a good way. Can she convince her SEAL to risk one last rescue operation?
Old 03-01-2014, 09:50 AM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
If you haven't checked the kobo codes thread, Lady Stardust has posted a 90% code that is working multiple times using the new checkout.
Thanks! I didn't know.

One at a time....I'll be here all day. Too bad I didn't notice at first and paid full price for a 3.00 novella.

Last edited by booklover6; 03-01-2014 at 10:20 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:42 AM   #6
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Wow, thanks! I don't usually wander over there, so this post is much appreciated! I've already spent $2.19 on 10 books!
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #7
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Love the 90% code, but can't find a book I want to read that I can use it on. *sigh* story of my life. LOL I guess I'm saving 100% instead of 90.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:59 AM   #8
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Agreed. It took me a lot of clicking and several broken links to find the month's featured titles. They still list February, but March's should be HERE soon.

I find it harder to see the new releases at Carina too. But I imagine their new site is modelled after the Harlequin redesign which I am not a fan of
How did you get to that link with the featured selections, I can't find it when I try to go to it from the site. I have looked everywhere. I can get to it by your link, but how do I find it from the site direct without that link. I have been so confused by the site since they changed it I haven't even been there. I literally could not find the selections, or the new stuff, or anything really. The link on the front is not clickable, that box that has I think the february selections in it.
I am just so confused
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #9
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Oooh...a 90% off code! I just bought the rest of B.J. Daniels Baretooth Montana series. Love her books!!!! Might stock up on other harlequins too.

Last edited by PurpleStar; 03-01-2014 at 11:06 AM.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #10
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Bargain at both Kobo and Amazon.de (for what amounts about $1.30):

City of Jasmine by Deanna Raybourn. The prequel novella, Whisper of Jasmine, has been free at various venues as well.

Quote:
Set against the lush, exotic European colonial outposts of the 1920s, New York Times bestselling author Deanna Raybourn delivers the captivating tale of one woman who embarks upon a journey to see the world—and ends up finding intrigue, danger and a love beyond all reason.

Famed aviatrix Evangeline Starke never expected to see her husband, adventurer Gabriel Starke, ever again. They had been a golden couple, enjoying a whirlwind courtship amid the backdrop of a glittering social set in prewar London until his sudden death with the sinking of the Lusitania. Five years later, beginning to embrace life again, Evie embarks upon a flight around the world, collecting fame and admirers along the way. In the midst of her triumphant tour, she is shocked to receive a mysterious—and recent—photograph of Gabriel, which brings her ambitious stunt to a screeching halt.

With her eccentric aunt Dove in tow, Evie tracks the source of the photo to the ancient City of Jasmine, Damascus. There she discovers that nothing is as it seems. Danger lurks at every turn, and at stake is a priceless relic, an artifact once lost to time and so valuable that criminals will stop at nothing to acquire it—even murder. Leaving the jewelled city behind, Evie sets off across the punishing sands of the desert to unearth the truth of Gabriel's disappearance and retrieve a relic straight from the pages of history.

Along the way, Evie must come to terms with the deception that parted her from Gabriel and the passion that will change her destiny forever….
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #11
apesmom
Wizard

Simon & Schuster has the following on sale for $1.99 each

That Scandalous Summer (Rules for the Reckless #1) by Meredith Duran [book #2 Fool Me Twice can still be pre-ordered for $1.99]
Kindle | Kobo | Google

Quote:
One Daring Widow

In the social whirl of Regency England, Elizabeth Chudderley is at the top of every guest list, the life of every party, and the belle of every ball. But her friends and admirers would be stunned to know the truth: that the merriest widow in London is also the loneliest. Behind the gaiety and smiles lies a secret longing—for something, or someone, to whisk her away. . . .

One Reluctant Suitor

Raised in scandal, Lord Michael de Grey is convinced that love is a losing gamble—and seduction the only game worth playing. But when duty threatens to trump everything he desires, the only way out is marriage to a woman of his brother’s choosing. Elizabeth Chudderley is delightful, delicious—and distressingly attractive. With such a captivating opponent, Michael isn’t quite sure who is winning the game. How can such passionate players negotiate a marriage of necessity— when their hearts have needs of their own?
What the Duke Desire's (The Duke's Men #1) by Sabrina Jeffries
Kindle | Kobo

Quote:
From the New York Times bestselling author who "delivers lively lovers" and "entertaining, sensual historical romance" (Booklist) comes the first in a new Regency romance series, The Duke's Men, featuring the Duke of Lyons and the illegitimate daughter of a viscount. Maximilian Cale, the Duke of Lyons, long ago buried his grief for his missing elder brother, Peter, who was presumed dead after being kidnapped. When a mysterious note arrives from Tristan Bonnaud asserting that the Duke's brother is alive, it leads Max straight to the winsome Lisette Bonnaud, illegitimate daughter of a viscount and Tristan's sister. Soon he and Lisette are traveling to Paris posing as husband and wife, in search of Tristan, who has disappeared. And the longer he spends with Lisette, the easier it is for Max to see that the line between dukedom and desire is easier to cross than he imagined...
One Night in Scotland (Hurst Amulet #1) by Karen Hawkins
Kindle | Kobo

Quote:
New York Times bestselling author Karen Hawkins begins a sparkling new series with this thrilling tale of a desperate beauty on an urgent quest, a dark earl scarred by his beastly past—and the ancient treasure that binds their fates.

A mysterious abductor . . . Someone is holding her brother prisoner in exchange for a gold-and-onyx box covered in mysterious runes, so Mary Hurst boldly sets out from the family vicarage to find the priceless artifact. But the man who possesses it, Angus Hay, the Earl of Erroll, is less than sympathetic to her plight.

A forbidding stranger . . . Himself a prisoner of his dark past, Angus refuses to yield the box—or allow Mary to leave! Suspicious of the alluring lass’s mission, he vows to wrest a confession from her, but unearths a fiery temper and a will as strong as his own.

An unbreakable curse . . . Passion flares between them, but now there is more at stake: an unknown enemy is hunting down the precious box, and will stop at nothing. Risking all for love, Angus must solve the mystery behind the runes . . . and trust the only woman who can awaken his forgotten heart.
The Nosy Neighbor by Fern Michaels
Kindle | Kobo

Quote:
Lucy Baker walks away from her high-flying legal career when she successfully defends yet another heinous criminal. Almost a year after her life-changing decision, Lucy has never been happier. Leaving New York City for the suburbs, tending her garden and her dog, Lucy is making future plans with her fiancé, Jonathan St. Clair -- and getting acquainted with her neighbors, including the handsome, exasperating one next door, Wylie Wilson. But when FBI special agents confront Lucy with shocking revelations about her fiancé's secret double life, everything about her husband-to-be is cast in suspicion. Recovering from a freak accident that has left her with a heightened sense of intuition, and getting closer than she ever dreamed to Wylie, Lucy must determine who to trust -- and fast, before someone breaks down her defenses and targets her....
Master of Love by Catherine LaRoche
Kindle | Kobo | Google

Quote:
a sexy historical romance featuring a genteel book dealer who is commissioned to organize an impressive personal library in the home of London’s most notoriously seductive lord.

Dominick Avery, Viscount Rexton, has a brilliant mind, yet is so intoxicatingly handsome no one ever takes him seriously as the philosopher he longs to be. He cultivates a wicked reputation as Lord Adonis, Master of Love, until his uncle sends him an irresistible bequest of books, on the condition he accept also the prim librarian who comes with them.

Miss Callista Higginbotham struggles to support her quirky household as a rare book dealer and librarian, while tottering on a dangerous edge of genteel poverty. But she quickly finds herself in greater danger yet, as her newfound desire flares for the infuriatingly flirtatious lord. Dominick wants nothing more than to unleash his luscious new librarian from her straight-laced propriety. He's learned, however, never to trust desire—let alone the consuming passion that soon bedevils him.

Both must learn not to judge a book by its cover. But when Callista discovers a plot against Dominick’s life and risks all to save him, they both learn that love is the one lesson that cannot be learned from books…
Old 03-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #12
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
How did you get to that link with the featured selections, I can't find it when I try to go to it from the site. I have looked everywhere. I can get to it by your link, but how do I find it from the site direct without that link. I have been so confused by the site since they changed it I haven't even been there. I literally could not find the selections, or the new stuff, or anything really. The link on the front is not clickable, that box that has I think the february selections in it.
I am just so confused
One of the pages had a "Featured eBooks" link in the left sidebar that still worked. On many of the pages this link is broken.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:25 PM   #13
Christyv
Enthusiast
Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: IPad 2, kindle keyboard
6 free books for entering. You have to send a email to email listed in sign up for newsletter entry.

WIN AN IPad MINI, a KINDLE FIRE HDX or a NOOK HD in our LUCKY CHARMS Giveaway! So excited to announce that I'm banding together with some of your favorite authors (and mine!) for this amazing contest. And everyone who ENTERS gets 6 free e-books! Just go directly to my Teresa Medeiros Facebook Page and click on the LUCKY CHARMS CONTEST TAB under the Cover or visit this link to enter. Good luck! https://rafl-fb-tab-app.s3.amazonaws...ter=1393686240

Last edited by dreams; 03-01-2014 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Shortened url replaced with full link - moderator
Christyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:27 PM   #14
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Thanks for link to the giveaway. At last a promotion that doesn't require Facebook. I loathe Facebook and really dislike that almost all promotions and giveaways are through it.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christyv View Post
6 free books for entering. You have to send a email to email listed in sign up for newsletter entry.

WIN AN IPad MINI, a KINDLE FIRE HDX or a NOOK HD in our LUCKY CHARMS Giveaway! So excited to announce that I'm banding together with some of your favorite authors (and mine!) for this amazing contest. And everyone who ENTERS gets 6 free e-books! Just go directly to my Teresa Medeiros Facebook Page and click on the LUCKY CHARMS CONTEST TAB under the Cover or visit this link to enter. Good luck! https://rafl-fb-tab-app.s3.amazonaws...ter=1393686240
Some of them are previous freebies but a few new ones. Karen Robards actually posted the links and codes yesterday. I think she may have deleted the post though. I grabbed the ones I didn't have.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote