Notices

Old 03-31-2010, 07:23 AM   #16
jonsbjons
Connoisseur
jonsbjons doesn't litterjonsbjons doesn't litter

Device: PBook301
Quote:
Originally Posted by batgirl View Post
I love the hardshell cover and how it locks onto the back!

I highly recommend the PB360 for anyone looking for a great little e-reader. To the people at PocketBook
A great, easy device! Magnet back - just gorgeous!
jonsbjons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:28 AM   #17
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsbjons View Post
You'll laugh - never seen on sale. Can you show a picture?
Ziploc is a brand. They sell plastic bag that has something like a "zipper" at the top, so it can be closed.
A picture is here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ziplock.jpg

a "ziploc" bag does not have to be manufactured by a Ziploc company, just like "cleanex" tissue paper does not have to be manufactured by Cleanex company or a "xerox" machine can mean in common speech any copying machine.

You can get any plastic bag that can be hermetically sealed.
I have purchased heavy duty bag for holding touristic maps made from clear thick PVC that has hermetical seal at one edge.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2010, 06:20 AM   #18
jonsbjons
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
You can get any plastic bag that can be hermetically sealed.
I have purchased heavy duty bag for holding touristic maps made from clear thick PVC that has hermetical seal at one edge.

It is unusual, but I'll try Thanks!
Old 04-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #19
Roger108
Roger108 doesn't litterRoger108 doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360
Eating and Reading? Eating and music?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
Love the idea but I'd seriously need a remote control with that - I was taught to speed read at uni and I get through pages very fast so need my thumb permanently on the page turn button.

Nothing better than eating and Reading except perhaps eating, Reading and having a bath which tops everything!
--------------------
A wise man once clued me to the fact that eating should be done without music or reading or TV, etc. Otherwise you end up not digesting your food well. Similarly, reading and music at the same time divides the mind and gradually weakens mind-body coordination. Multitasking is fine for a computer, but not so good for a human being. It's the cause of many physical and mental problems and accidents as well.
Roger108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #20
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger108 View Post
--------------------
A wise man once clued me to the fact that eating should be done without music or reading or TV, etc. Otherwise you end up not digesting your food well. Similarly, reading and music at the same time divides the mind and gradually weakens mind-body coordination. Multitasking is fine for a computer, but not so good for a human being. It's the cause of many physical and mental problems and accidents as well.
Yes and no.
Yes, it *has* been proven that multitasking hurts focus.
http://news.stanford.edu/news/2009/a...dy-082409.html

No, listening to the right kind of music shouldn't be an issue. Think: "white noise". I have long done most of my recreational reading to the tune of classical or light jazz/world music instrumentals and it helps me focus on the reading by blocking off external distraction. There is a difference between music you listen to and "mood-setting" music.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #21
jonsbjons
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn View Post
For even easier reading, I carry a collapsible book stand. It's great when you want to read while having breakfast at your favorite cafe

This isn't the one I use but it gives you an idea of what you can find. I got mine at Michael's Arts & Craft store. I'm the envy of my friends who have to hold their readers when we get together over a meal.
The same