Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-12-2015, 01:35 AM   #1246
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, iP4, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
Thanks Patrick.

I shall do likewise.

EDIT: Done, and working well. Thanks again, Patrick.

Last edited by BeeTee-Ess; 05-15-2015 at 03:28 AM.
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:36 AM   #1247
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickTC View Post
Bernard, I put 3.15 on my Mini about a week ago, and I am completely satisfied with it.
Noted in the first post.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:26 AM   #1248
samosa
Zealot
samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Aura HD, Aura H2O and Mini, PW1, PW2, Voyage, Nook STG
I'm going to put 3.15 on my Mini. Does it matter which version of if I use? There are three and I don't know how to choose.
samosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:30 AM   #1249
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa View Post
I'm going to put 3.15 on my Mini. Does it matter which version of if I use? There are three and I don't know how to choose.
Mini is Mark4 hardware, so this one:
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...ate-3.15.0.zip
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:44 AM   #1250
samosa
Zealot
samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Aura HD, Aura H2O and Mini, PW1, PW2, Voyage, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
Mini is Mark4 hardware, so this one:
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...ate-3.15.0.zip
That's wonderful First time doing this, so excite!
samosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:22 AM   #1251
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, AuraHD, PDA, Eee Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa View Post
The Mini may be a Mark 4 device but it is not always included with the other Mark 4 devices, as far as firmware updates go. Looking at the first post, I don't see a version of the 3.15 firmware that has been released for the Mini.

Luck;
Ken

Location ? On a junk between the two?

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 05-13-2015 at 09:28 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:28 AM   #1252
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nick_1964 is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
The Mini may be a Mark 4 device but it is not always included with the other Mark 4 devices, as far as firmware updates go. Looking at the first post, I don't see a version of the 3.15 firmware that has been released for the Mini.

Luck;
Ken

Location ? On a junk between the two?
I know, officially it is not released for the mini and that is in the startpost, but there are reports of people successfully load it on their device.
Make a blind pick between the other Mark firmware and brick your reader for sure was the alternative.
Manually updating is always at your own risk.

Last edited by Nick_1964; 05-13-2015 at 10:35 AM.
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:33 AM   #1253
PatrickTC
PatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kobo - Mini, Glo, Glo HD
I downloaded the Mark 4 3.15 FW and installed it on my Mini, and it is working fine. I don't see much difference in either features or performance, but if you have been running 3.11 on a Mini, I think you can safely install 3.15, Mark 4.
PatrickTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:37 AM   #1254
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, iP4, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickTC View Post
I downloaded the Mark 4 3.15 FW and installed it on my Mini, and it is working fine. I don't see much difference in either features or performance, but if you have been running 3.11 on a Mini, I think you can safely install 3.15, Mark 4.
Ditto.

Like Patrick, I do not see significant differences from 3.11, which I replaced, but I like keeping up with the latest version when there is no downside to doing so.
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote