Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
aarcane
aarcane began at the beginning.

Device: iphone/stanza
"Error communicating with device" on samba share

I get the following error while trying to export an ebook to a folder on the network which is running Samba for file sharing.

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.6
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'\\density\\ebooks\\test\\Meyer, Stephenie\\Host, The.epub'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 551, in _upload_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 267, in upload_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\cli.py", line 50, in put_file
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\filenames.py", line 182, in case_preserving_open_file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'\\density\\ebooks\\test\\Meyer, Stephenie\\Host, The.epub'
Strange thing is, I'm sure this worked either with old versions of calibre or with old versions of samba. Is there anything I can tweak in Calibre, or anything I can tweak in samba to try to remedy this?
aarcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:13 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcane View Post
Strange thing is, I'm sure this worked either with old versions of calibre or with old versions of samba. Is there anything I can tweak in Calibre, or anything I can tweak in samba to try to remedy this?
Others may respond with advice that works, but I think that you probably can't correct this. Multiple users have reported their networked installs of calibre have recently run into trouble. The official line is to not run it on a network.

My novice approach would be to export books locally then use an OS file manager or native sync software to get the books out to the share location.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert