Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
mateusciola
mateusciola began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Best way to convert PDF?

Hey guys,

I've already read the "read this before posting PDF questions" and know I understand why I'm getting erros like, no table or line break, but the Thread don't explain how could I fix those problems. Could I convert PDF to other format that would perfectly works with Calibre? Which one?

Thank you very much!
mateusciola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateusciola View Post
...Could I convert PDF to other format that would perfectly works with Calibre? Which one?...
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the King's horses and all the King's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again.

Read:
Humpty Dumpty = the original document
had a great fall = conversion to PDF
King's horses and men = any and all conversion tools regardless of output format

In short, no such conversion will magically help. Once the original is broken up into the components in a PDF there is no easy and/or automatic way to reassemble them. Also, whatever method works for one PDF will not necessarily work on another. The only possible advantage of converting to some intermediary format is to get a version that can be manually edited to fix the issues before proceeding with the conversion to the desired format. Also, if such steps would magically work, they would be mentioned in the "read this before posting PDF questions" document or in some resource referred to there.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert