Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #1
mcmay
mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle DXG, iPad2, SAMSUNG NOTE II
Question Is it possible to compile assembly on kindle?

Hi, there! I wonder whether it is possible to install and run assembly compilers on kindle DX and above? Thank you!
mcmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Yes.
Although you don't have much free ram on a DX.

You might also be interested in GeekMaster's posts about installing TCC on the Kindles.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
mcmay
mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcmay , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle DXG, iPad2, SAMSUNG NOTE II
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Yes.
Although you don't have much free ram on a DX.

You might also be interested in GeekMaster's posts about installing TCC on the Kindles.
Thanks, knc1. I'd installed TCC on my kindle and found it work perfectly well as a nice little C compiler. Now I just want to go further to install and run an assembler on my kindle. I wouldn't attempt to compile very huge programs, so it wouldn't eat too much RAM. I suspect whether gdb can be transplanted onto kindle or whether there are other smaller compilers available which are as cute and useful as TCC?
mcmay is offline   Reply With Quote