Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #121
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
As said, yes I access the directory of the json file before launching the scripts, just like KUAL does...

what do you mean with export PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:$PATH?

now I'm using:

Code:
cd /path/containing/the/JSONscript; DISPLAY=:0 script.sh
should I use instead:

Code:
cd /path/containing/the/JSONscript;export PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:$PATH; DISPLAY=:0 script.sh
?

Or must I export another path, like the one containing the sh script?

Edit: I've tryed with ;export PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:$PATH; before launching the script and doesn't seem to work

Last edited by Aeris; 11-25-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #122
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
try that seems ok

you can add other paths to that path - as you say - just saying you should probably add those two as defaults.

Last edited by twobob; 11-25-2013 at 12:13 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #123
Aeris
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nothing And what about Midori and Luakit? Shouldn't they behave at the same way?
Old 11-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #124
Aeris

Ah, I see that Luakit runit misses some paths exports too!

UPDATE:

I've added these lines to luakit runit:
Code:
export PATH=/mnt/us/extensions/luakit/usr/bin:$PATH
export HOME=/mnt/us/extensions/luakit 
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/us/extensions/luakit/usr/lib
And now luakit starts! The problem is that I can't fix all this kind of script issue in an automated way I guess... I only wonder why in KUAL the script doesn't need these lines to run!

Last edited by Aeris; 11-25-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #125
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

its to do with the way environment variables are being "stripped" out when you call up the subshell.

you need to setup some simple tests like say

test.sh
Quote:
echo $PATH > /mnt/us/path.txt
if that is empty then you have your answer, the subshell strips it.

it would also explain why putting the values IN a shell script AFTER you call the -c would work, as you are setting them "after" the stripping

and luakit isn't "missing" them, in the original context it didn't need them. but with the altered environment call it does.

There was some switch " su --preserve-environment -c" on a linux box to convince an su subshell to maintain the calling environment, It doens't apply here though (since you cant su anyways)
but it demonstrates a solution to a similar problem and what an answer might might be. Stripped environment in subshells.

test test test. set up simple tests. only way to know for sure.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #126
Aeris

So many wise advices... thank you Twobob!

This what I've found from that test:

Code:
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/bin
Old 11-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #127
Aeris

SOLUTION FOUND!!!!

If I run the program with su -c instead of sh -c they works! The problems maybe wasn't that they weren't executed in superuser mode!

Any problem if I keep this beahviour?

(ps. with su --preserve-environment -c they didn't work)
Old 11-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #128
twobob

hmm. that surprises me that there is even an su ON the kindle...

but hey, if it works it works.

Happy days
Old 11-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #129
Aeris

Ah, the only one that continues to bother is the light toggle OFF on wakeup... if you run it, kindle dialogs doesn't work good until you execute the same command again from KUAL. Maybe I'll blacklist it or something...
Old 11-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #130
twobob

yeah I dunno.

Maybe just replace it with something that does the job more "reliably."
(your light button does the same thing IIRC)

Or just "blacklist" it yourself and do a popup that says "USE THE LIGHT BUTTON"

Job done.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #131
Aeris

v.1.4 released!

New release available!

Changelog:
Quote:
- NEW APP ADDED: KindleTask 0.1
I made this tiny new app (10kb) to replace in a native way Yad task manager,
that didn't work on PW2. Screenshot below.
- Overall speed improvement , especially in app launching. I fixed a little bottleneck that didn't see before
- Fixed alert timing small issue
- Battery button now works as an ON/OFF switch, not ON only (like it did before instead)
- Fixed kterm layout when launched from landscape mode
- Recoded some javascript for better performances and readability
- Faster method to add your custom shorcuts with icons. Please refer to the brand new guide below in the first post.
Hope you like it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_11_27T11_27_33+0100.png
Views:	379
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	115828   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_11_27T11_27_46+0100.png
Views:	368
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	115829  

Last edited by Aeris; 11-27-2013 at 05:30 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #132
Aeris

Updated to v.1.5

Mainly bugfixes
Old 11-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #133
Aeris

v.1.6 released!!

Changelog:

Quote:
- NEW APP ADDED: KindleReminder 0.1
It's basically a to-do app. It is a little simple at the moment... maybe I'll add some new functionalities when I have some time . Screenshots below
- Added "firmware version" to "info" dialog
- Moved some icons; added KindleNotes icon
- Added a little error notification to Kindle Notes
- Fixed matchbox-keyboard "stay-in-memory" bug
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7.png
Views:	342
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	116008  
Old 12-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #134
mg10
Connoisseur
mg10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW, Kobo Aura One
Hi
I have istalled jailbreak and JBpatch with firmware 5.3.4. What must I do to install this menu? Just copy extensions folder to root?
What do I do with previous folders in my root: developer, linkss, opt, python?

Thanks in advance
mg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #135
Aeris

yes, to install just extract it into the /mnt/us folder (i.e. the main folder when connecting to usb). But to launch it, at the moment, you need to install KUAL too, and launch the shortcut from there

Tags
launcher add-ons