Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
Coriolis
Coriolis began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Justification Switch Works on some Epub

I just got the Kobo Glo, which is very nice. However, there is a problem with the justification switch. I would like to have sometimes right justified, and sometimes ragged right.

Some books in the library allow that. That is, with the "justification" switch in Aa, you can have either left justified or ragged right. Other books have only one or the other, no matter the Kobo switch is set.

In calibre I can "epub to epub" covert to either one. However it does not allow the Kobo Glo to do that switching. I have tried ticking all boxes in the Filter Style Settings and that does not work. Sigil seems to have the same inability to fix this.

Looking at the CSS in the Search and Replace box, I find only one instance of "text-align" and that is "text-align: center." In the whole book only one instance on the first page.

All of the other books that are only left aligned or justified have the exact same instruction, "text-align: center." I can see no difference?!

What can I do to allow Kobo Glo to activate the justify switch????

I am sorry that I am not familiar with CSS, so some detail on what to do is much appreciated.
Coriolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Are you sure the "text-align" in the CSS only occurs as centred? As you describe it, it seems that there should be another tag for text-align elsewhere for a different style.

In any case, you can convert the book in Calibre as you described, and include "text-align" in the Filter style information to be removed field (see screen shot). Beware though, this will also delete text-align settings for style classes where text is centred on purpose (for titles for instance, or poems, or letters sent in the story).

If that doesn't work the alignment will probably be hardcoded in the html of the book instead of added in the stylesheet file. You could manually Find & Replace "text-align" in Sigil. Once you've found the exact "phrase" used for alignment in that book, you can Find & Replace that and leave the "Replace" field empty. Note that "text-align" is the CSS tag, and in the book they might have used the html "align" tag, so search for that too.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cal.png
Views:	218
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	100844  

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 02-07-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
Coriolis
Coriolis began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thank you! Mrs. Often for your quick reply.

I will continue on trying this...
Coriolis is offline   Reply With Quote