Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-15-2014, 03:31 PM   #1066
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmc View Post
I've got a PW2 4gig running 5.4.5.1, so I'm glad I checked this thread before forging ahead with CM.

Anyone have an insight into whether the firmware incompatibility with CM will be resolved any time soon?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The author has recently completed his work for a Phd in computer science.
Having there-by lost his excuse to stay in school, he is probably now spending his time looking for a real job.

We expect he will be back once he settles into his non-student life.

But until then -
Unless someone else updates his various Java applications, all we can do is wait.

eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:05 PM   #1067
scottmc
scottmc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
>>>he is probably now spending his time looking for a real job.

Ahhh....the old "real job" transition after years of graduate work. Could be a while, if the road is bumpy.

Thanks for the info.
scottmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2014, 05:03 PM   #1068
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey, there's hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhnotnot View Post
Ixtab, All,

please find attached source patch for 5.4.3.2 support and CollectionsManager_2.7.0.zip. I did test that import from calibre work for 5.4.2 and 5.4.3.2. Did NOT test ANYthing else. Would have pushed to ixtab repo but either I do not have permissions or could not figure out how to do it properly (have never used git before).

P.S. I could NOT find jars for 5.3.2 so this version (2.7.0) won't work for 5.3.2. If someone points me to bin, img or jars themselves for 5.3.2 I will recompile.
P.P.S. Ixtab, my respect for coding this!

----

I removed the binary package to avoid confusion -- NiLuJe
Perhaps @mhnotnot will come back with a new patch, or someone else will come along who knows java and wants to fix this.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:12 PM   #1069
CheriePie
Connoisseur
CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy S23+, Galaxy Tab S6
So 1st Gen PW running 5.4.4.2 is no longer supported, huh?

I just updated my device from 5.3.9 to 5.4.4.2 today and discovered I can no longer use Collections Manager. So in the interim, how can I un-hide some of the books I previously hid from the home screen using CM? Because they're no longer showing up in their relevant collection folder either (probably due to the cloud collections update and as ixtab mentioned here)

So I'm ready to just go back to using the Amazon-supplied Cloud Collections for the time being, but I need to get several of those books visible again first. Any help?
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #1070
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Downgrade and fix it, or reset the device to factory settings.
I think the database is at /var/local/cc.db, so if you have command-line access you could just delete that too, to wipe out all collections without a reset.
Advert
Old 08-17-2014, 08:24 PM   #1071
CheriePie
Connoisseur
CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy S23+, Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Downgrade and fix it, or reset the device to factory settings.
I think the database is at /var/local/cc.db, so if you have command-line access you could just delete that too, to wipe out all collections without a reset.
Hi, thanks for your reply.

Downgrading is the least attractive option to me, I'd definitely prefer to NOT go that route unless absolutely necessary.

The latter option is something I could get behind. I'd just as soon wipe out all the collections completely and start from scratch (using only Amazon's Cloud Collections) if there's no other way to unset that hidden attribute manually. If I went this route of wiping out the collections database, would the previously hidden items now become visible again?

So command line access... haven't used it before on my PW, but is that what USBnet is about?
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #1072
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriePie View Post

Downgrading is the least attractive option to me, I'd definitely prefer to NOT go that route unless absolutely necessary.

The latter option is something I could get behind. I'd just as soon wipe out all the collections completely and start from scratch (using only Amazon's Cloud Collections) if there's no other way to unset that hidden attribute manually. If I went this route of wiping out the collections database, would the previously hidden items now become visible again?

So command line access... haven't used it before on my PW, but is that what USBnet is about?
USBNet can do that. So can installing MKK + KUAL and the kterm extension, which lets you run a command prompt directly on the Kindle.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:09 PM   #1073
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriePie View Post
- - - -

My Avatar wants to meet your Avatar.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:17 AM   #1074
felixcode
felixcode began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
Collection Manager Crashed

unfortunately I've got a problem, It crashed when start up, which tells me:

Unexpected error
An unexpected error has occurred while starting Collections Manager. Please report this error to the author. The application will now crash, and you can find the stacktrace in developer/Collections Manager/work/crash.log

and this is the crash.log

I've restarted the device.

I'm using Paperwhite 2 with Firmware 5.4.3, jailbreaked and MKK installed.
Attached Files
File Type: txt crash.txt (14.9 KB, 136 views)

Last edited by felixcode; 08-27-2014 at 01:19 AM. Reason: upload
felixcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:38 AM   #1075
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixcode View Post
- - - - -
I'm using Paperwhite 2 with Firmware 5.4.3, jailbreaked and MKK installed.
Please see "requirements" section of first post. In part:
Quote:
- - - - -
However, while FW 5.4.2 to 5.4.3.2 are supported, not all of the functionality is working correctly. See this, this, and most importantly THIS post for details).
In addition to those things documented as broken, you have just found another one -
One specific to your Hardware / Firmware combination.
I.E:
Code:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.amazon.kindle.content.catalog.G: method lhc(Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/amazon/kindle/content/catalog/h; not found
See that class named "G" and the method named "h" ?
Those change their names with every firmware build for each hardware (Kindle) model.

There is a (non-Ixtab) update to Collections Manager somewhere earlier in this thread that may have fixed those specific errors.

Last edited by knc1; 08-27-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:55 PM   #1076
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Do you mean the update that NiLuJe verified and used to update the first post?

I am not sure the patch handled the 5.4.3 firmware, I think it went straight to 5.4.3.2

An update to the firmware is in order.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:01 PM   #1077
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yup, 5.4.3 support was a shot-in-the-dark. I'll kill it properly, thanks for the report . (And as eschwartz mentioned, the easiest workaround for you is to update to 5.4.3.2).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:38 PM   #1078
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Do you mean the update that NiLuJe verified and used to update the first post?
Ah, right.
I had forgotten that detail.

Thanks for the correction.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:41 AM   #1079
ADambi
Enthusiast
ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW2 5.4.5.1
Support for PW2 5.4.5.1
Does someone have libraries from 532 ?
I had to comment out these from build...
Attached Files
File Type: zip PW2-5.4.5.1.diff.zip (2.6 KB, 140 views)
ADambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:48 AM   #1080
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADambi View Post
Support for PW2 5.4.5.1
Does someone have libraries from 532 ?
I had to comment out these from build...
Hmm...

Go to:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170929
Scroll down to the "Repair Images" links to off-site file storages ;
At least one of those sites still has a copy of the 5.3.0 image on-file.

(I just this minute checked by downloading it. )
Sorry, no direct link - site policy - you have to go to one of our off-site lists of recovery links.

And Amazon still is providing the 5.3.0 (partial) image update files.
Which, with a lot of hassle, could be applied off-Kindle to the 5.3.0 full image.
Note: You will need a copy of bzpatch installed on your development machine to do that (and KindleTool to take the Amazon .bin apart with).

Ref:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmwar...ndle_5.3.2.bin
https://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmwar...le_5.3.2.1.bin

The update path for the KT is listed here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200790650

Last edited by knc1; 08-29-2014 at 06:03 AM.

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks