Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #16
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
inameiname, please create this profile...
I absoluteley do not understand what to do...
How can you start a program with a "change dir" command???
I too have no success in starting MC.
No problem. The profile is already created. Just unzip the zip file I attached above, copy the two files into the 'myts' folder that is in your home directory, and start myts (probably using the Launchpad shortcut keys "T T").

Then, to run MC, just type 'mc', and press enter.

And as mentioned before, if you want 'mc' to run automatically when you start up myts, just uncomment the 'mc' at the bottom of the 'profile' file. That's all.

Oh, and fyi, you actually can start a command with a 'cd /into/a/directory'. It is just that '&&' terminology is what makes it work. That one command is actually 3, one to tell myts to go into the directory where the 'midnight commander''s main file is, the second to run it, and then the last to get out of its directory and into your Kindle's main directory when finished. And if you aren't too familiar with Linux commands, '&&' means the first command must run and complete before the next one runs. This is in contrast to '&', which means all commands will run simultaneously.

Last edited by inameiname; 12-22-2011 at 03:15 PM.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #17
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Thanks, works now!
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #18
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
Thanks, works now!
Good to hear.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #19
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Would it be possible to go for the following scenario?

I would prefer to put my books in /mnt/us/books, not in /mnt/us/documents, and use such a file manager to browse through the books in .../books and simply copy what I want to read in .../documents.

I believe this would help a lot.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:20 AM   #20
uwndrd
uwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-books

Device: K3, K4, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post

I would prefer to put my books in /mnt/us/books, not in /mnt/us/documents, and use such a file manager to browse through the books in .../books and simply copy what I want to read in .../documents.

You can use CoolReader and read books from wherever you want without need to copy them.
uwndrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #21
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwndrd View Post
You can use CoolReader and read books from wherever you want without need to copy them.
Yes, indeed. However, CoolReader skips fragments of text from MOBI books. So far, I did not find an alternate program to read mobi books on Kindle at the same quality the default Kindle program does.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:09 AM   #22
inameiname
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post

Personally, the biggest problem I would have if this was possible is that there is really only one file browser that runs on the Kindle, and it isn't exactly very pretty and easy to use. I guess if you are used to Midnight Commander it would suffice, but still, I would first see if its possible to get a better file manager on the Kindle before seeing if you could do what you want. It would be great if you could. The use of 'collections' is pretty primitive.

Tags
file browser, kindle