Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Fictionwise Sale Until 12/31

I received this email today:

END OF YEAR STOREWIDE BLOWOUT! From now until December 31, EVERY MultiFormat eBook is discounted 40% to 60% and EVERY Secure eBook receives a 40% to 60% Micropay Rebate when paying with a credit card or PayPal!

Start your shopping NOW:http://www.fictionwise.com/home.html
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Hmmmm ... I just ordered some books and paid with Micropay ... and got the discount anyway!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 10:42 PM   #3
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
WOW...that is an amazing sale!! I am certainly going to have to spend some time filling my cart with stuff I have been thinking about...at those prices plue the Micropay rebate, really, I don't believe ya can go wrong. I might end up buying my reading material for the next year over the next couple weeks or so...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

well, cripes there went a fast $100 today...but I can buy more and just pile up more micropay funds. Love it though because I also added some backlist titles for my fav authors so now I have some ebook versions of dead-tree books. I mean how can ya go wrong when sales like this put ebook prices where they really should be. For a minute I thought I was shopping at Baen/Webscriptions the net prices work out so nicely.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:11 PM   #5
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
well, cripes there went a fast $100 today...but I can buy more and just pile up more micropay funds. Love it though because I also added some backlist titles for my fav authors so now I have some ebook versions of dead-tree books. I mean how can ya go wrong when sales like this put ebook prices where they really should be. For a minute I thought I was shopping at Baen/Webscriptions the net prices work out so nicely.
I know. I got some new multiformat books priced around $6 - $7 for $2.34.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 11:13 PM   #6
brecklundin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfanmd View Post
I know. I got some new multiformat books priced around $6 - $7 for $2.34.
nice!!
Old 12-08-2009, 03:27 AM   #7
sssimon
sssimon began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Great sale! Too bad they have geographical restrictions on books I'm interested in...
sssimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:04 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfanmd View Post
From now until December 31, EVERY MultiFormat eBook is discounted 40% to 60% and EVERY Secure eBook receives a 40% to 60% Micropay Rebate when paying with a credit card or PayPal!
No, they can't do anything to tempt me. I admit to one slip, but that's all. No more ebooks until 2010!
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:17 AM   #9
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, kindle Oasis
I bought about 40 secure ebooks last night and still got the 40-60% discount paying with micropay. I'm not sure how long the loophole will last so I got a bit click happy and bought loads. It's really handy as I had $160 sitting in micropay.
bathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:39 AM   #10
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
Yes, I too was able to get the discount with Micropay, which was a good way to use up my balance. Normally these discounts only apply to Credit Card sales. Thanks for the tip off, I had chosen to ignore the sale as I assumed I couldn't make use of it.
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #11
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Well, I usually don't like this kind of promotion, but I was seriously thinking of buying this time. Fortunately it turns out that none of the books I wanted are available for my country. I just saved at least $14 (I was going to buy The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and then maybe The Portrait by Iain Pears with the rewards)
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #12
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
I didn't even think of trying to use Micropay for the sale. Thanks for the heads up! I have $132 in micropay and am about to burn through my wishlist. Two test buys show that I am getting the rebate for secure books and the discounted price for multiformat! Wow!

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:08 AM   #13
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Looks like the loophole has been closed - it was working until nearly midnight, then what was left in my cart went to CC payment only for the rebate.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #14
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
No, I just bought more and got the 60% rebate despite paying by Micropay.

In fact, some items on my wish list said "credit card only" but I still got the rebate using Micropay. Not that this is a guarantee for you or anything, but it's worth a try with a cheaper book.
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:34 AM   #15
Nitrousoxide
Enthusiast
Nitrousoxide began at the beginning.

Device: None
Remember folks, as long as you don't get the discount when you pay with micropay space bucks the real discount you're seeing a fraction of what you might think it is.

Lets say there are two books priced at 9.99 with a 50% rebate level. You get 5 bucks back with each one, that gives you enough space bucks to buy one 9.99 book.

So for $20 you've gotten 3 books for an average of $6.66 a book. That's only a 33% discount, not the 50% you were thinking you were getting.
Nitrousoxide is offline   Reply With Quote