Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #23221
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
My better half decided to get me a Surface Pro 2 for my birthday. Now ask me--ask me--if we can find the one I need (remember: birthday or not, it's for my business)--anywhere. Online, in stores, anywhere.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, of course not.

</rant>

Hitch
Not even at the Microsoft Store?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:09 AM   #23222
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Not even at the Microsoft Store?
NO! Not even at the MS store. I want/need the 8gig 256, and damned if I can get it. Not by phone, not by click, not by bloody driving (the bloody damn MS store is, wait for it, a 90+ mile RT drive, mind you).

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #23223
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
The Llama has been gutted. :(

I'm very sad I use it every day, all day listening to music for years now....

Quote:
AOL to Permanently Shut Down Winamp
11/21/2013 BY KHRIS GOLDER I

Technology nostalgia is about as grand as it is useless. New tech comes in and the world grows an incredible short term memory. For example, think back a ways before the days of iTunes. Remember burning CDs all the time? Well, between those two time periods, Winamp was the sweetest source of online music. With the rights purchased by AOL in 1999, Winamp was one of the most accessible and abused multimedia players for a good portion of the last half of the nineties. It was one of the only sources to play back all your online music for years. It’s been a while since Apple had reduced it to a long ago memory, but it’s about to be phased out completely. Winamp will cease to exist as of December 20th, 2013.
http://www.inroadpress.com/aol-to-pe...t-down-winamp/
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #23224
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
arrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #23225
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Cat lock you out of your car again?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #23226
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Why do people on Youtube leave comments telling you not to read this, or you will die? It just seems such a horrible thing to do. Why do it? Death is no laughing matter. I really hate this.
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #23227
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

http://www.inroadpress.com/aol-to-pe...t-down-winamp/
I still use Winamp to listen to my MP3s and WAVs, but I've never used it for online content. I assume the player will still function for local files after they drop support -- but there are plenty of alternatives, so I wouldn't miss it too much.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #23228
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I still use Winamp to listen to my MP3s and WAVs, but I've never used it for online content. I assume the player will still function for local files after they drop support -- but there are plenty of alternatives, so I wouldn't miss it too much.
I always used it until about two weeks ago when it suddenly seem to stop working, no matter how many times I uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, etc. So I began looking at other players: MediaMonkey, Music Cube, Foobar2000, XMPlay, etc., etc. I already had iTunes on my computer. I guess I tried 6-8 different players and finally decided on MediaMonkey but... I still preferred WinAmp for the way I use a player. I was a bit upset that it would no longer work on my machine and had resigned myself to using MediaMonkey, when my brain fog suddenly cleared...

I went to the 'Volume Mixer,' raised the WinAmp slider back to the middle of the dial, and was pleased to hear my music again. Who knew there were individual sliders for so many applications?!?
I don't use the Internet connection with WinAmp so I guess I won't be affected by the shut down.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:31 AM   #23229
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Cat lock you out of your car again?
It was the dog. And no. I'm very involved with a non profit that just hired a new executive director. A couple of us have been telling the executive board since august that she is at besti incompetent. Just discovered some stuff that should have been taken care of in September that wasn't and is going to fugger up a great deal of next year.

I'll be able to say more when the they finally fire her a$$
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #23230
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Rodney is stealing my granola bars!
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:34 AM   #23231
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Having a sneaky suspicion something went wrong with my printer. Staples expected them on Friday and I ordered one and got an order number. On Friday it was busy in our store and we missed a few calls, since I hadn't heard from them I called this morning.

First giving the order number I had gotten. A little while later the girl came back on if I had my customer number, and yet a little while later again she asked for the product code. Then a got another employee who told me they hadn't arrived yet and expected the shipment "any moment".

However, I think my order wasn't registered properly, why would they otherwise need to know not only the order number but also my customer number and the product code? Even if they need those she would have asked for them when I gave the order number.

I'm a bit annoyed, because it means that I have to wait another week, because on Monday my father can drive me (it's too big to go pick it up riding my bicycle).
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #23232
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am so very tired of getting phone calls from sales people. Today I changed the message on our answering machine. It now says, "Hello," (here I inserted a full ten second pause), "You've reached [our phone #]; please leave your name and number after the beep."

Friends and family will quickly figure it out. Hopefully my enemies (the telemarketers) are going to be royally ticked-off as they find the second part the message coming right in the middle of their unwelcome, unwanted, and disrupted sales pitch.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #23233
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I am so very tired of getting phone calls from sales people. Today I changed the message on our answering machine. It now says, "Hello," (here I inserted a full ten second pause), "You've reached [our phone #]; please leave your name and number after the beep."

Friends and family will quickly figure it out. Hopefully my enemies (the telemarketers) are going to be royally ticked-off as they find the second part the message coming right in the middle of their unwelcome, unwanted, and disrupted sales pitch.
We have found a great way to get rid of them. After the fire we noticed that they don't get pushy when you tell them you just had a fire and you neither have the time nor the mood for them. After almost half a year we still tell them we just had a fire.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #23234
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I let my three year old answer the phone. Unless it's grandma or grandpa there's usually no one on the line when he hands me the phone.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #23235
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I let my three year old answer the phone. Unless it's grandma or grandpa there's usually no one on the line when he hands me the phone.
Maybe next time I'll record the dogs barking and use that.

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness