Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #1
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Small cosmetic 'bug'

Hi,

By accident I stumbled over a little cosmetic bug in Marvin 2.1 on iPad

In 2 column landscape mode the start of a section (i.e. start of next html file in epub) begins rendering about 10 pixels lower on the left page as subsequent 'left' pages.

In itself not that big of a deal, apart from the first two pages of each section (html file) being a bit out of wack with regards to balance.

see images
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sectionstart.png
Views:	352
Size:	710 Bytes
ID:	112176   Click image for larger version

Name:	sectionmid.png
Views:	335
Size:	727 Bytes
ID:	112177  
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #2
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
I suspect it is related to a (known) issue of how WebKit "balances" columns. Could you email me at support to try and reproduce this? - hopefully, I'll be able to fix it.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2013, 06:23 AM   #3
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
I suspect it is related to a (known) issue of how WebKit "balances" columns. Could you email me at support to try and reproduce this? - hopefully, I'll be able to fix it.
Ah, webkit issue thanks for the pointer.

Indeed, now that I payed some more attention to this I see it affects just about every e-reader supporting multiple columns.

As I suspected fixed.

:first-child nicely takes care of that so no need to go waste time on this one thanks just the same for the willingness to look into it
-------------
EDIT: Come to think of it, webkit is not to blame. It's doing exactly what it was told to do. That's what you get when thinking in 'pages' too much. You tend to forget that an e-Reader is basically still a browser, so even if it is forced to display in more than one column, the first element (in this case either the body or a content container) at the top of a logical page is still only going to be :first-child when it is the first element (with regard to its parent element of course) in a single html file loaded from the e-book. Every next 'page' is just a view-port over the remaining part of the file. removing a top margin (if it has one) from the content container would likely have the same result.

Last edited by At_Libitum; 09-27-2013 at 07:18 AM.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
You're welcome.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote