Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Arrow Nexus 7 HD 720p recording

A simple change to a config file adds 720p to the camera profiles:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1868962

They recommend installing this camera app launcher to record video in HD:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher&hl=en

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-11-2012 at 10:22 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Very nice sir , i will give this a try tomorrow.

UPDATE
i just read that you need to ROOT your nexus 7

Last edited by darksaber35; 09-11-2012 at 04:18 PM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaber35 View Post
Very nice sir , i will give this a try tomorrow.

UPDATE
i just read that you need to ROOT your nexus 7
Mine is rooted. It was not that difficult when I did it on a REAL windows box. Rooting did not work from XP in a VM.

Perhaps an app will be available at some time, just like the non-root app that replaces StickMount for USB storage devices. That XDA-forum thread has a lot of pages of posts. I have not read all of them yet to see what installation options are available.

Because it is just some extra lines of text in a config file, perhaps a future official update might contain these changes? We can only hope...

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-11-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Some body else has just posted saying they have a paid camera app $1.99 so it mite be worth a punt.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...868962&page=16

Hi,

thanks hillbeast for discovering the 720p recording capabilities of Nexus 7.

I have just modified my camera app (Camera JB+) to support 720p video recording. No root/profile change requiered.
Unfortunately only paid version (1.99$) is available, but I hope to release a free/limited version soon. Anyway, If you want to try it and after testing you are not happy with it I will refund the money (no 15 minutes limit).

Here is the XDA thread with the info:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1871900

Last edited by darksaber35; 09-16-2012 at 11:18 AM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #5
geekmaster

So now we have two (or more) things (this camera app, and a USB storage mounter) that have a free version that needs root, and a pay version that does not need root.

In both cases, the rooted version probably inspired the pay version.

They are not expensive for those who do not want root access to their devices. Personally, I hack and root every device I can (and the ability to do so is a large portion of my purchasing decision).

It is always nice to have "safe" options for those who want stock devices.
Advert