Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-15-2008, 04:59 AM   #1
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Question Question: can MobiPocket support somehow/theoretically be implemented into Sony-PRS?

Just a question that might be easily answerable by someone in-the-know:

Will it ever be possible anyhow/anyway to add MobiPocket format support into current Sony-PRS devices?
I'd LOVE to have Cybooks dictionary-capabilities in my little sonny

Thanks to anyone who can clarify this issue for me (...others) !!!
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:29 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Technically possible? Sure - no reason at all why it couldn't be done. Both are Linux devices.

Likely to happen? A probability vanishingly close to zero, I suspect, given that the Sony bookstore and Mobipocket are commercial competitors.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
And that it seems that Amazon (Mobipocket's owner) doesn't want to play nice with Sony (they're apparently open to the idea at Sony).
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:10 AM   #4
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
And that it seems that Amazon (Mobipocket's owner) doesn't want to play nice with Sony (they're apparently open to the idea at Sony).
Hmmm ! ...interesting.

I certainly would be willing to pay, let's say, a hundred dollars if I could get a MobyPocket reader for my Sony - especially if this was combined with a bonus at Amazon's shop.

I here-and-now even think/promise I'd pay that amount to anybody (not only to Amazon) who successfully could get it to my Sony.
(Maybe Sony could make a deal with Amazon, adapt Mobypocket themselves, then sell it to us PRS-users - ?!?)
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote