Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
@NiLuJe : Do you like writing build systems in Make language?
I could clone YEM's development repository into my public repo system, then you send me a pub-key and we can both work on extending the unfinished parts of ct-ng.

Last edited by knc1; 09-04-2012 at 09:30 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #17
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
@NiLuJe : Do you like writing build systems in Make language?.

As a total OT. I am using this as my next chat-up line...
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
As a total OT. I am using this as my next chat-up line...
I am always trolling for volunteers.
There is a limit before a crew of one worker (you) and one cheerleader (me) burns out.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #19
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@knc1: I wouldn't say 'like' exactly, but I can somewhat make sense of it, sometimes... ;D.

What do you have in mind? Since I'm doing all of this for 'fun', I'm more likely to be of use if there's something that I actually have an interest in .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #20
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@knc1: I wouldn't say 'like' exactly, but I can somewhat make sense of it, sometimes... ;D.

What do you have in mind? Since I'm doing all of this for 'fun', I'm more likely to be of use if there's something that I actually have an interest in .
Let me give some thought about "goals" and get back to you.

If I can get something out that twobob can use, I will not be making any changes at all to ct-ng.
Advert
Old 09-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #21
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
@knc1: What's the issue with CT-NG when building a GCC 4.7/Glibc 2.6/2.5 TC?
I am going to start with this bundled set of sources and ct-ng configuration . . . .
https://launchpad.net/linaro-toolcha...estone/2012.08
Then see if I can just "tweak" it for the older glibc.

Either this plan will "just work" and I will be done today . . .
OR I may not live long enough to get it working at all.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #22
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@knc1: Huh, I wasn't aware of Linaro's ct-ng branch... (FWIW, I'm using upstream's ct-ng, it supports Linaro's GCC/GDB fine ).

Their sample softfp config is very similar to what I do for my K3/K5 TC, except I don't rely on their prebuilt lib/kernel, and I don't default to thumb mode (in fact, I've never used it, going by the assumption that thumb1 wasn't worth it... I might have to look into it for the K5, which supports thumb2...) .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-04-2012 at 11:13 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #23
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
@knc1: Huh, I wasn't aware of Linaro's ct-ng branch... (FWIW, I'm using upstream's ct-ng, it supports Linaro's GCC/GDB fine ).

Their sample softfp config is very similar to what I do for my K3/K5 TC, except I don't rely on their prebuilt lib/kernel, and I don't default to thumb mode (in fact, I've never used it, going by the assumption that thumb1 wasn't worth it... I might have to look into it for the K5, which supports thumb2...) .
I intend to only use their sources as a "known working set".

I have ct-ng_1.16.0 installed and I see that they used 1.13.1 (the same one Buildroot is stuck on).

I may or may not try moving the 1.13 config to 1.16

The other things you mention will go away in the "tweaking".

At least that is the initial plan. Will see how long that plan holds up.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #24
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I am going to start with this bundled set of sources and ct-ng configuration . . . .
https://launchpad.net/linaro-toolcha...estone/2012.08
Then see if I can just "tweak" it for the older glibc.

Either this plan will "just work" and I will be done today . . .
OR I may not live long enough to get it working at all.
All the files listed on the linked page above are now mirrored in our DIY-KeK resource pool.
The resouce section (appendix B) of the reference manual has not (yet) been updated.

Now - take the sources that where used to build that release (K4&K5 style hardware) and cobble them into something suitable for the K3.

In the set of things:
Code:
[ps34532]$ tar --list -f gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-2012.08-20120827_src.tar.bz2 
gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-2012.08-20120827_src/
gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-2012.08-20120827_src/gmp-5.0.2.tar.bz2
gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-2012.08-20120827_src/newlib-1.19.0.tar.gz
gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-2012.08-20120827_src/libiconv-1.14.tar.gz
gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-2012.08-20120827_src/ppl-0.11.2.tar.lzma
gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-2012.08-20120827_src/gdb-linaro-7.4-2012.06.tar.bz2
gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-2012.08-20120827_src/md5sum
gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-2012.08-20120827_src/zlib-1.2.5.tar.gz
gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-2012.08-20120827_src/binutils-2.22.tar.bz2
gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-2012.08-20120827_src/precise-sysroot-armhf-1+bzr2433.tar.bz2
gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-2012.08-20120827_src/gcc-linaro-4.7-2012.08.tar.bz2
gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-2012.08-20120827_src/pkg-config-0.25.tar.gz
gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-2012.08-20120827_src/expat-2.1.0.tar.gz
gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-2012.08-20120827_src/mpc-0.9.tar.gz
gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-2012.08-20120827_src/cloog-ppl-0.15.11.tar.gz
gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-2012.08-20120827_src/mpfr-3.1.0.tar.xz
And the ct-ng is an archive of the entire build tree.
Including glibc and a zillion patches for the various sources.
This tool-chain can be re-built for an S390, but the question is, can it be re-built for an i.MX35?

Hmm...
Just need to dig around a bit to find a suitably old enough glibc set of sources.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #25
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
rather exciting stuff mr knc!
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #26
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Just need to dig around a bit to find a suitably old enough glibc set of sources.
Not required.
The ct-ng patches directory is cumlative. It goes back to glibc-2.5 and gcc-4.3
The "oldest" that can be built / can build itself (gcc-4.2 is reported to be "too old" to build glibc these days).

Now, see how I do on the ct-ng learning curves. See if I can stay on the road course and not do a towbob (bump across the in-field).

Here is some of the curves in the course:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/linaro-toolchain-binaries
#1034186 is going to bite us - we have VFP, but no Thumb-2 on the i.MX35 - so don't expect gdb-server to work.

Last edited by knc1; 09-04-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Tags
cuetee, qt4, quetea, quetee, queuet