Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
Anabana
Zealot
Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire 7" & 10"; 11"(?)-12" Lenovo laptop
Question Nook ST with glowlight

I notice the current price B&N online is $119 - I'm tempted... but I'm not in a hurry. Do you think it will be even cheaper after Thanksgiving??
Anabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:00 AM   #2
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I'm hoping....I've been wanting another eInk device outside of my Nook Color
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabana View Post
I notice the current price B&N online is $119 - I'm tempted... but I'm not in a hurry. Do you think it will be even cheaper after Thanksgiving??

I know what you mean.

Possibilities:

1) It's being discontinued - move out the current stock.
2) B&N is trying to compete with Amazon's low price.
3) None of the above

Full Disclosure: I know nothing about what I talk about.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I'm hoping for a good price after Thanksgiving! Last year they had a great package deal in the eBay store with the STR and Color. The past couple of months they have had great deals with STR and Tablet bundled together. Maybe they will do something with the Glow after Thanksgiving? Only time will tell!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
Anabana
Zealot
Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yikes! What hope is there for me if a Grand Sorcerer knows nothing of which he speaks!!

I've never found a book light that I'm happy with, so this seems a good answer. I'm encouraged by all the positive posts in MR. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that they offer more deals than just a bundled package.
Advert
Old 11-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Yikes! What hope is there for me if a Grand Sorcerer knows nothing of which he speaks!!

I've never found a book light that I'm happy with, so this seems a good answer. I'm encouraged by all the positive posts in MR. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that they offer more deals than just a bundled package.

Actually, I'll more than likely buy it, probably a few weeks before I leave for Christmas vacation to visit my family in the States.

This epub (lighted) reader will complement my mobi (lighted) reader, which is already at my sister's house.

I love the way my current nook touch feels in my hands. I hate their library management on the device, however. Anyway, that'll give me two weeks to see if any hotspots develop. If they do, when I come back to Peru, you can be certain I'll 'advertise' that fact to our members here.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
I know the feeling. I keep considering it, but I'm afraid that they're going to drop the price again the moment I do or, worse, they'll announce a second-gen Glowlight that's got better contrast. So, I keep waiting; it's not like my NST isn't a perfectly good reader anyway.
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
Dublee
Dublee began at the beginning.

Device: ASUS TF300, iPad 1, Nook Tablet (CM7), Nook ST, Onyx M92
I left my Nook ST on public transportation recently so I'm in the market for the Glowlight now. Hopefully, the price will drop before my vacation in December.
Dublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #9
Anabana
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublee View Post
I left my Nook ST on public transportation recently so I'm in the market for the Glowlight now. Hopefully, the price will drop before my vacation in December.
Ouch! Not the best reason to need a new reader. Hopefully we'll both find a bargain!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #10
Dublee
Dublee began at the beginning.

Device: ASUS TF300, iPad 1, Nook Tablet (CM7), Nook ST, Onyx M92
Quote:
Ouch! Not the best reason to need a new reader. Hopefully we'll both find a bargain!
Definitely not but a good excuse! The Nook ST (non-Glowlight) for under $50 during Black Friday at Sears and Target is appealing at that price.
Dublee is offline   Reply With Quote