Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-18-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
FatCat0
FatCat0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Can't delete Calibre-pushed news feeds from my Kindle Touch?

Repost from the Calibre forum:

I just got a kindle touch and set up Calibre. I have Calibre set to auto-send 3 news feeds to my kindle, which it does just fine. My problem is that when I'm done reading the news I can't delete it. I normally delete documents by tapping and holding them until a menu screen pops up that has a delete option, but when I try and do this with the news it never shows. Coupled with the fact that the articles aren't dated, I now have 3 documents named Popular Science that are indistinguishable and undeletable (on-device; haven't plugged it into my computer to get rid of them yet but I'm sure I would be capable) =( Help?
FatCat0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
mikeschr
Connoisseur
mikeschr is on a distinguished road

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara
I'm having a similar problem. I read another thread about this somewhere, and the problem has to do with the way Amazon is using a different file extension now for periodicals. One thing I remember reading is that if these are in your archived items and you delete them there, you can then delete them on the Touch. Sorry I don't remember more details.
mikeschr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCat0 View Post
My problem is that when I'm done reading the news I can't delete it.
In the Calibre interfaces for individual newspapers, I always set "Delete downloaded news older than:" to 1 Day. What if you don't download every day? Although I do download daily, I hope and think that the "1 Day" setting really means to delete the news source after one day, or the next time you download via Calibre, whichever comes later. So the "1 Day" setting may solve your problem.

Quote:
haven't plugged it into my computer to get rid of them yet but I'm sure I would be capable
It would be hard for me to manage my Kindle without occasionally connecting to my PC, bringing up Windows Explorer to add/delete items from the Kindle documents and music folders.

You might also want to check out my web site below, especially if you have the 3G option.

If above does not help, you could also try the Calibre forum here.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
But, these will still be in the new "personal documents" folder, right?; unless you manually delete them on the Amazon site.
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote