Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
meandher57
Enthusiast
meandher57 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Kobo and Calibre help!

All the usual apologies... new to the forum and I don't know if these issues have been covered or should be posted elsewhere... please don't flame the newbie! lol

Couple of issues here:

I recently obtained a file of epub files that I tried to load into Kobo with Calibre. I have more space on my SD card so I usually store there. Out of some 600 files, a half dozen did NOT copy over. Instead I got this:

calibre, version 0.7.59
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Error 82] The directory or file cannot be created: 'F:\\Aldous, Huxley,'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 62, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 364, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 242, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 972, in create_upload_path
File "os.py", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 82] The directory or file cannot be created: 'F:\\Aldous, Huxley,'

Any thoughts or advice?

SECOND item - When I use Calibre to load books onto the onboard storage, it shows that it is loading them... but in fact does NOT. A later check, or resyncing with Calibre shows that the books do not load to the onboard storage. Only to the SD card.

AND when disconnecting from Calibre, everything locks up. I am pretty sure I have been exiting properly, but when I disconnect, the Kobo reboots... brings me back to the Books I Am Reading page... then freezes. I have to hold the power button down several times to reboot yet again.

Any thoughts on any of these items would be greatly appreciated.

meandher57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Reformat your SD card as FAT32.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to devices subforum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote