Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 11-20-2003, 09:45 PM   #1
Ron George
Ron George began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie NX70V
Limitation on speed

I get this error message from the website while I am attempting to convert some content on iSilo:
In order to provide reliable, continuous and timely access to this site for all users, we require that you configure your offline browser to request no more than one page per minute.
What settings do I need to tweak on iSiloX?
Old 11-21-2003, 12:07 AM   #2
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Goodness! I have never EVER seen an error message like that. What site are you trying to access, may I ask? I have about 50 channels that I convert and none of them scare me like that.

POL9A
Advert
Old 11-21-2003, 10:37 PM   #3
Ron George
Ron George began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie NX70V
www.nejm.org
The server basically shuts down access for about 20 minutes if it recerives "too-frequent requests" for a resource.
Old 11-22-2003, 05:41 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Another "big" hoster who likes to temporarily ban your IP for requesting pages too quickly is geocities. The only way I can think of solving this problem right now is by using a website download tool like Httrack (free), which allows you to define the download speed. When the pages are located on your local harddrive, you can easily point to them in iSiloX.
I know, for a frequent update this is not very user friendly, so maybe there will be a feature like this built in in iSiloX one day.