Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 11:07 PM   #61
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadawn View Post
Can you read books from the sony store on a pb360??
Yes. You can do it either through ADE or my preferred way, which is to just strip the DRM. If you go via ADE you have to read them on ADE's crappy interface. If you strip the DRM you can use FBreader instead, a much better program that gives you control over almost every display aspect of your book.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:51 AM   #62
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camann View Post
Thirteen here....ten for me and three for my brother-in -law....do I win?
Beats me. I topped out at 8. All credited to account fine.
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:01 AM   #63
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken401 View Post
Beats me. I topped out at 8. All credited to account fine.
Still one more day left...
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:44 AM   #64
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Don't Forget About Price Matching!!

For anyone who's local Target is sold out grab that flyer and head to a Walmart near you. Some of the ones near me sell the readers and the cards. Get them to price match for you. I think they beat it too don't they? Not sure on that but they'll at least match it.

I grabbed 4 today but they had a whole bunch left. I was worried I'd have to hit a few Targets or do the Walmart price matching but I didn't have to. I got 4 a the first Target I went to. Yay!!

Edit: I should say near where I go in Buffalo, NY that is. We don't have Targets in Canada. Bummer.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #65
dickon25
Groupie
dickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505. Pocketbook Inkpad 840
We don't have Targets in Canada. Bummer.

....we don't have them in the UK either - but we do have Disney_Mommy!!
Yahoo, let's hear it for Disney_Mommy!
dickon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:27 PM   #66
psercki
psercki began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600 and nook
I picked up four.
psercki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:29 PM   #67
EasyAs123
Love to Read
EasyAs123 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition (gift), Sony PRS-T1, Nook HD+ 32GB
I'm in central PA. I purchased 2 cards, waited 3+ hours and the cards didn't work. Spent 30+ minutes in chat with 2 CSR's who could only parrot..."$25 cards don't work in The eBook Store".

Quote:
L > When I enter the code I get "Sorry, that coupon code is not valid". I don't even get to the point of entering the PIN.
Franke_ > Thanks for waiting, Linda.
Franke_ > Linda, I understand your concern and really keen to help you with this.
Franke_ > However, the $25 Gift card purchased from Target is not compatible with the eBook Store.
Franke_ > Hence, it's not possible to use the Gift Cards with the eBook Store.
and
Quote:
L > So...why are you telling me that Sony eBook Store Gift Cards are incompatible with the eBook Store?
Franke_ > I'm really keen to help you, however, it's not possible to use the $25 GiftCard with Sony eBook Store.
Franke_ > However, you can use the $15 Gift Card from target and use it with the eBook Store.
This was the 2nd person repeating this garbage. Grrr. I guess I'll wait a few more hours before calling CS. My experience with Sony chat is almost enough hassle for me to consider returning this thing (even if it was a gift!)
EasyAs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:42 PM   #68
dickon25
Groupie
dickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505. Pocketbook Inkpad 840
Easyas123 I'm not sure what you mean by having to enter the PIN. I just entered the coupon number (NGE12345678) in the box in 'My account' and pressed 'redeem' - there was no PIN.
dickon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:50 PM   #69
mykoffee
Enthusiast
mykoffee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyAs123 View Post
I'm in central PA. I purchased 2 cards, waited 3+ hours and the cards didn't work. Spent 30+ minutes in chat with 2 CSR's who could only parrot..."$25 cards don't work in The eBook Store".

and

This was the 2nd person repeating this garbage. Grrr. I guess I'll wait a few more hours before calling CS. My experience with Sony chat is almost enough hassle for me to consider returning this thing (even if it was a gift!)
What a load of malarkey! I hope you're able to get it worked out. I wonder why some people are having trouble with their cards while others do not?

I ended up getting 2 more so for me that was 5 total. I knocked out most of what was on my B&N wishlist and it was really nice feeling like I got a great deal on those books since prices have gone up.

Linda
mykoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:22 PM   #70
CribQuilter
Enthusiast
CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Of course I will still avoid to books by the evil publishers that are charging to much. WHile this may circumvent the punch to my wallet, I do not want the publishers to see the books selling and think that their pricing is ok.

I bought two gift cards and had no issues loading them. And YES as a Wal-mart employee for almost 9 years if you have the ad and Walmart has the cards they must meet the ad price
CribQuilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:55 PM   #71
mindwarp
Zealot
mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Thanks so much from bring this to my attention! Just purchased 3 cards and all were redeemed without a problem.
mindwarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #72
EasyAs123
Love to Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickon25 View Post
Easyas123 I'm not sure what you mean by having to enter the PIN. I just entered the coupon number (NGE12345678) in the box in 'My account' and pressed 'redeem' - there was no PIN.
Some cards have a scratch off place to reveal your PIN. Sony does say that not all cards have that.

My cards are STILL not working.

Last edited by EasyAs123; 04-17-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:47 AM   #73
mykoffee
Enthusiast
mykoffee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyAs123 View Post
Some cards have a scratch off place to reveal your PIN. Sony does say that not all cards have that.

My cards are STILL not working.
My cards had the 'pin' but it was a number just like what dicken25 posted, started with the letters NGE. No other account number on the card that I entered, just what was under the scratch off.

Linda
mykoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:28 AM   #74
EasyAs123
Love to Read

FINALLY! My cards worked this morning.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #75
Camann
Camann began at the beginning.