Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #91
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
I wonder if that's a bug in the kepub renderer or if it's by design? I had thought that CSS is the preferred way to do all ePub styling and formatting, but if some of it is being ignored...

I wonder if there's some really specific selectors in the CSS that the koboSpan tags are breaking? When you added text-align:center did you add that in the CSS or on the tag itself?
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #92
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
In the css, never at the tag.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 02-10-2013 at 03:44 AM.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #93
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
I just tried myself to user text-align: center on paragraphs in kepub.epub. It works without problem. The kobo span tags do not break anything, it seems.

Terisa de morgan, I think in your user settings, "Justification" is not set to "OFF".
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:46 AM   #94
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

tshering, you are right I didn't remember this setting because it does nothing when you're reading a ePub book.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:38 AM   #95
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Yes it does. But only if the text alignment is not set in the styles.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:12 AM   #96
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

So, that's the reason it did nothing. After my Sony (which always used left-aligned if not set), I always set my text alignment in the styles. So, the same rule doesn't apply to kepub. Anyway, thank you very much to all of you for helping my to fix my novice mistake.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #97
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Terisa de morgan,
it was fun for me. It gave me another opportunity to give some hypotheses that turned out to be wrong.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #98
tshering
Wizard

Edit: I removed my irrelevant remark

Last edited by tshering; 02-10-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #99
mapline
Enthusiast
mapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi jgoguen
Using your plugin - really great many thank.
Only problem was when I upgraded to latest calibre 64bit
Version: 0.9.19 IT removed plugin and when I tried to load it got this error:
calibre, version 0.9.19
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ImportError</b>:cannot import name KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 310, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 361, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 167, in load
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 150, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 8, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED
Went back to .18 no problems.
Any comment?
Thanks Michael
mapline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #100
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Please submit a bug report on Github? I haven't gotten home from work yet and I have a lot of things I have to do tonight; my memory sometimes isn't so hot If it also blows up for me I'll of course remember, but a Github bug report is the best reminder since my browser always loads Github.

EDIT:
So, on the way home I was doing some poking around and it looks like in 0.9.19 the calibre.ebooks.epub.fix package was removed. I depend on the Container class within that package, so I'll need to spend some time to figure out the best way to proceed. Either to copy the Container from 0.9.18 and modify it for my own local copy, use another Container if that class was just moved somewhere, or something more radical. Unfortunately this won't be a quick fix, so definitely no solution tonight, but if things go well by the end of the weekend maybe. Still put in a Github bug report though please

Last edited by jgoguen; 02-15-2013 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Found some more info
Old 02-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #101
mapline
Enthusiast
mapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kobo Touch
Completed report 10 on Github as you requested.
Glad it wasn't my error but sorry it's caused you extra work.
Many thanks
Michael
mapline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #102
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
EDIT:
So, on the way home I was doing some poking around and it looks like in 0.9.19 the calibre.ebooks.epub.fix package was removed. I depend on the Container class within that package, so I'll need to spend some time to figure out the best way to proceed. Either to copy the Container from 0.9.18 and modify it for my own local copy, use another Container if that class was just moved somewhere, or something more radical. Unfortunately this won't be a quick fix, so definitely no solution tonight, but if things go well by the end of the weekend maybe. Still put in a Github bug report though please
I was wondering if that was the case. I had the same problem for a hacked version of Modify ePub I have. You probably have the solution by now, but...

You need definitions for InvalidEpub and ParseError. Get the latest Modify ePub. I assume that is where you got your original container.py from. The appropriate definitions are at the top of container.py.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #103
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapline View Post
Many thanks
Michael
Hey, not your fault I didn't keep up on what was happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I was wondering if that was the case. I had the same problem for a hacked version of Modify ePub I have. You probably have the solution by now, but...

You need definitions for InvalidEpub and ParseError. Get the latest Modify ePub. I assume that is where you got your original container.py from. The appropriate definitions are at the top of container.py.
I just imported what was already in use, added some methods I found useful, and overrode write(). I'm perfectly happy to poach what kiwidude has already done if it's already solved there
Old 02-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #104
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapline View Post
Many thanks
Michael
I just pushed up a new version that copies and modifies the old Container class from calibre 0.9.18. I noticed that I couldn't just update from calibre for whatever reason; I had to shut down calibre, go to the plugins directory (inside the configuration directory; if you don't know where this is you can open calibre's preferences, choose Miscellaneous, and click the "Open calibre configuration directory" button before you close calibre) and replace the ZIP file with one built according to the README directions.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #105
demondog
Enthusiast
demondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

me too

i also have the same problem cant install the pluing on calibre 0.9.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
I just pushed up a new version that copies and modifies the old Container class from calibre 0.9.18. I noticed that I couldn't just update from calibre for whatever reason; I had to shut down calibre, go to the plugins directory (inside the configuration directory; if you don't know where this is you can open calibre's preferences, choose Miscellaneous, and click the "Open calibre configuration directory" button before you close calibre) and replace the ZIP file with one built according to the README directions.
demondog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, kepub, kobo