Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #31
shadoooo
shadoooo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo AURA HD
Hello,
glad to see that my script is used by someone, and that even better, somebody is supporting it...

Andrea
shadoooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:24 PM   #32
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Advboot 1.2_3.3.1

I've made the modifications to have Advboot work with firmware 3.3.1 (only of real interest if you are using Portuguese-Brazil as your language choice). It works on my Aura HD but not tested on other Kobo ereaders as yet.

The installer and uninstaller are in the .zip file attached to this message.

Regards,
David
Attached Files
File Type: zip advboot-1.2_3.3.1.zip (5.5 KB, 350 views)
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2014, 11:27 PM   #33
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The 3.4.1 firmware uses the same rcS file as the 3.3.1 firmware so the 3.3.1 patch in message #32 ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=32 ) works with it.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:25 AM   #34
jpalacios
jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Updated to 3.5.0

Updated version for firmware 3.5.0
Attached Files
File Type: zip advboot-v1.2_3.5.0.zip (5.8 KB, 350 views)
jpalacios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:19 AM   #35
indyglow
Connoisseur
indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.

Device: iPad Air, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Any possibility of having CoolReader option at startup?
indyglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2014, 04:13 AM   #36
cimh
cimh began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Hello - I'm new to this forum.

Its wonderful that people share this work. This looks like an excellent and neat solution and I almost have it working on my kobo touch N905B.

I added

advboot_1.2_3.30.7z
(my firmware is 3.3.0)

advboot_script_koreader_v1.1.zip
(this enables me to see the boot options screen)

and the koreader folder which I took from - koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2014.04-392-g65c5970.zip

The boot works fine and gives me the two options for Kobo and Koreader. The kobo option works fine but the koreader option moves on to the loading screen (the kobo outline with the 5 dots below) - it pauses at the 4th dot then takes me back to the option screen again. So its not finding koreader. The koreader folder is in the .kobo folder.

I am wondering what I have done wrong - Have I used the wrong koreader file?

I'll go thru the instructions again. if anyone can spot my error that would be great.

cimh
cimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:52 AM   #37
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In recent versions of koreader, there is no koreader_kobo.sh, but koreader.sh is used. Therefore, you might try to change the file name in pre_run/90_koreader.sh.
Is there a special reason to use advboot_script_koreader_v1.1.zip? I am asking, because in the first post, I see a advboot_script_koreader_v1.2.zip.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:57 AM   #38
cimh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
you might try to change the file name in pre_run/90_koreader.sh.
Is there a special reason to use advboot_script_koreader_v1.1.zip? I am asking, because in the first post, I see a advboot_script_koreader_v1.2.zip.
Thank you. The name change in the script takes me a step further - but I am not quite there as I arrive at an unresponsive file manager and the only way out seems to be a reset.

I am using the 1.1 version of the scripts from an earlier post from shadoooo where 1.2 was modified so that I could see the boot options:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoooo View Post
I think I found the problem because of for some models didn't show the menu.
Here there's the updated version of the nickel / koreader selection script:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5va1vcdq0d...eader_v1.1.zip

To install the new script, simply extract it on .kobo folder.
No reinstall of the main advboot package is required.

Hope this time all works fine.

Andrea
Old 07-21-2014, 06:36 AM   #39
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimh View Post
Thank you. The name change in the script takes me a step further - but I am not quite there as I arrive at an unresponsive file manager and the only way out seems to be a reset.
I guess you are seeing the problem of some Kobo Touch devices, maybe models B and C, (you can find information somewhere in the koreader thread).

Find in koreader/frontend/ui/input.lua
Code:
-- For single-touch events (ABS.code).
local ABS_X = 00
local ABS_Y = 01
and exchange the values of ABS_X and ABS_Y:
Code:
local ABS_X = 01
local ABS_Y = 00

Quote:
I am using the 1.1 version of the scripts from an earlier post from shadoooo where 1.2 was modified so that I could see the boot options:
I see! Judging form the file name, I thought 1.2 is an updated version of 1.1.

Last edited by tshering; 07-28-2014 at 03:35 AM. Reason: inserted the file name and path of input.lua for readers' convenience
Old 07-21-2014, 07:53 AM   #40
cimh

You are a genius - this is the solution and many thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I guess you are seeing the problem of some Kobo Touch devices, maybe models B and C, (you can find information somewhere in the koreader thread).

Find in ...
Code:
local ABS_X = 00
local ABS_Y = 01
and exchange the values vor ABS_X and ABS_Y:
Code:
local ABS_X = 01
local ABS_Y = 00
The file I needed to change was koreader/frontend/ui/input.lua around line 850 or thereabouts.

Very many thanks for your help with this.

After a few hours reading I must report that koreader seems to be a real advance over the std kobo software. It is much faster and the screen is more responsive. I am very pleased.

The advboot method of launching was simple to install, with a bit of help ;-) and works well. I can't compare it to the usual method of png files as I haven't tried it. I read about both methods and decided that this way seemed to be the cleanest / easiest.

My thanks to Shadoooo and Tshering

cimh

Last edited by cimh; 07-21-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #41
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
The file I needed to change was koreader/frontend/ui/input.lua around line 850 or thereabouts.
Sorry about that. I just saw that I forgot to give the file name and path. Fortunately, you were able to find it nonetheless.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:02 AM   #42
Sanxel
Sanxel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hello. I've installed this launcher according to instructions and Koreader(just copied its folder into .kobo). But Koreader won't launch. The start screen with two big buttons shows up, Nickel works fine, but when I tap the Koreader button, i see the Kobo starting animation and then it powers off...

Update: Problem solved after changing koreader_kobo.sh into koreader.sh in pre_run\90_koreader.sh

Last edited by Sanxel; 07-25-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Sanxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:25 AM   #43
Namenlos
Enthusiast
Namenlos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
I was running 3.3 (or 3.2 not sure manually updated) on my Kobo Mini and updated my Kobo over wifi to 3.4.1. The firmware patch #32 works fine and I can run in /mnt/onboard/.kobo/advboot/pre_run/ (tested with touch file). But sadly my old script for telnet is not working anymore.
Code:
mkdir -p /dev/pts                                                               
mount -t devpts devpts /dev/pts
The script is basically the same as in the start post I just don't activate wifi by default and just open the browser instead. Adding ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.1 up (or with another ip) won't help.

Does anyone know what could have gone wrong?
Namenlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:21 AM   #44
shadoooo
shadoooo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo AURA HD
Hello,
I updated the first post for better file listing.
I backup'd advboot patched files for other users to my dropbox, so they are all available.

I released also a new version of koreader scripts v1.3, that should be compatible both with older and newer versions of koreader out of the box, plus it has a small fix for
SD card mounting before koreader starts, allowing "last file opened startup" working well also with slower SD cards.

I hope it will be useful...

Andrea
shadoooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:30 PM   #45
wlfkfak
wlfkfak began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hello,

Just found about Koreader and I am trying to install it on my Kobo Glo version 3.5.
I think I've done every step right but my kobo glo never shows me an option to boot into Koreader.

Here is what I've done.

I downloaded advboot from the first post, https://www.dropbox.com/s/ouss4l2j91..._v1.4_3.50.zip for firmware 3.50.

Downloaded the latest Koreader from their website.

Placed KoboRoot.tgz from the advboot.zip to .kobo directory.

Placed Koreader file into .kobo directory.

Disconnect USB.

Try to reboot or restart kobo so that it shows an option to boot into Koreader.

Mine always boots into kobo firmware/system.

Can anyone help me on this.
Thanks
wlfkfak is offline   Reply With Quote