Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-10-2014, 09:39 AM   #6436
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartveld View Post
Although it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out Penguin books *never* are eligle for codes.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think I have used coupons on Penguin books here (Bulgaria).
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #6437
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
slex, you keep surprising me...
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #6438
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
And here I didn't even know penguins WROTE books.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:24 PM   #6439
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
The sites you can try are Aus, NZ, England, US, Canada, India. They are all new checkouts.

Use either Firefox or Chrome - not IE9.
I dont understand the logic between who gets the old or new checkouts. My friend and I live 15 minutes apart but I get the new checkout and she still gets the old one. So its not necessarily decided by country.
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #6440
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
I'm pretty sure I've bought ebooks from Penguin with some codes.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #6441
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter One View Post
I dont understand the logic between who gets the old or new checkouts. My friend and I live 15 minutes apart but I get the new checkout and she still gets the old one. So its not necessarily decided by country.
What browser was she using?

You''ll get the old checkout irrespective if you use IE9.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:29 PM   #6442
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartveld View Post
slex, you keep surprising me...
Me too!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:43 PM   #6443
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:

I get the new checkout on my iPad, and the old one on my netbook. Both using safari, although one is iOS and one is a fairly old version of macos.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:25 PM   #6444
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter One View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I get the new checkout on my iPad, and the old one on my netbook. Both using safari, although one is iOS and one is a fairly old version of macos.
Adding to the browser hotch potch, I only get the old site and checkout for every country if I use my Blackberry Playbook.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:00 PM   #6445
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
New 50% off coupon:

mch50
Working in US. Thanks. I tried the multi-tab trick and managed to use it to buy the last three books on my list that came out March 6.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:26 PM   #6446
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

@bartveld here are pics of the checkouts - new and old .

PS How did you not know the difference by now .... it's one of life's essential skills
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new_checkout.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	120075   Click image for larger version

Name:	old_checkout_2.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	120077  

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 03-10-2014 at 11:32 PM. Reason: fixed pic
Old 03-11-2014, 03:22 AM   #6447
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Quote:
@bartveld here are pics of the checkouts - new and old .

PS How did you not know the difference by now .... it's one of life's essential skills
Thank you. In that case the Netherlands has had the new checkout for quite a while now. And as far as life's essential skills go: it's just one of quite a few that I haven't mastered yet. Anyway, I've done the migration-trick and moved to India. And lo and behold, it worked! Not only was the code accepted, but the price of the book was half of what it is in Holland. Are there people around here who as a matter of course buy their books in India? Or at least shop around? Are there any disadvantages?
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:36 AM   #6448
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

I haven't read any complaints about prices, ebook availability or code usage in India, but I've heard plenty of self-congrats about buying there

Do remember to compare between sites, because sometimes you may find Hong Kong or Mexico etc cheaper.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:38 AM   #6449
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for karma (I don't have time to reply to each individual profile) and I'm glad you made use of the coupons.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #6450
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Didn't see this on the main page, but I got a new code sent to me for my 3 year anniversary with Kobo:
"Use code anniversary14 at checkout on your next visit and get 20% off your next great read"

Gotta love em for trying!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals