Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
Library Books

Does the Kobo have a clock/calendar of any kind?

I ask because I downloaded a library book, with a 21 day lending period, and am wondering how the Kobo would even know when that has passed. Will it be available until the next time I sync after the due date? Or does the Kobo somehow track that?
RedRoverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Indeed it does; one of the first things you have to do when you first get it is to set the date and time. It doesn't seem to display anywhere but in the settings page, so I haven't checked how accurate it is.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2010, 06:16 PM   #3
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
Cool. Thanks.
RedRoverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #4
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
What happens after the 21 days pass? Can you change the clock to the past and keep reading?
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #5
petechan
Connoisseur
petechan doesn't litterpetechan doesn't litter

Device: Aluratek libre
Please someone post into this thread who has tried to borrow a public library book on the Kobo ereader. I have an aluratek libre and I am very interested in the Kobo because of it's larger screen size. But the Libre has no clock or calendar so the library books I have borrowed I have been able to read indefinitely even past the return date until I synch the device to the computer again to borrow newer books. I would be interested to know if the Kobo reader will invalidate a book past its lending period by itself.
petechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #6
Croptop
Zealot
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 5
I have loaded a couple of library books onto my wife's Kobo. Of course, we haven't had the device for 21 days yet so the books haven't expired yet. I'll let you know what happens.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #7
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
I have loaded a library book as well. Had to delete the css file withing the epub to get properly sized font, though....
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote