Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #46
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznogood View Post
In my opinion, Agatha Christie plays fair. Always.

She was one of the founders of The Detection Club in 1930; a club dedicated to what today is referred to as the classical detective mystery. The oath that every member of this exclusive club takes upon themselves when admitted into the club is this:

This sacred oath is sworn upon Eric the Skull, the mascot of the detection club; a skull with red lights in its eyes. For a photo, look at the end of this article. She was elected president of The Detection Club in 1957; this alone should testify to her achievement in a lifetime devoted to fair play.

H.R.F. Keating, president of The Detection Club from 1985 to 2000, has written that

Emphasis mine. QED.

Edit:
According to wikipedia, the oath taken upon admittance into the club is:

The Detective Club agreed upon some rules of fair play. Here is a link to them:
http://www.seattlemystery.com/rules-fair-play
I stand corrected. Of course I never can figure out who the murderer is even with all the clues. Still great fun trying to work out the solution though.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote