Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
betty77
betty77 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Nook Touch pages jump when I put it in my bag

I'm new with my nook touch. I'm noticing that the pages jump when I put it in my handbag. So I thought I would just set it to the library screen before putting it in my bag, but somehow, it opens the book again and jumps a few pages. How do you resolve this problem?

Do you power it off completely? Is there another option to make it go to sleep isntead of powering it off (since it takes a while for it to start up again) and I might read in 15 minute intervals.

Thanks.
betty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
chrisparker
Connoisseur
chrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: iPad Air 4, iPad mini 5, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Nook ST Glowlight
Just touch the power button at the top on the back to send it to sleep straight away...
chrisparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Or hold the "n" button for 5 seconds.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why would you put your nook in your bag with the screen/touch active? Also, why don't you have a case that would cover the screen?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote