Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 11th generation
Why are pictures showing up on my 505?

When I go to the home page of my prs-505, I see listed under Pictures, 13 pictures. I have put no pictures on my reader. when I looked to see what was there I found the title pages of pdf books I have read. All images were from free books downloaded from Feedbooks. I have read other pdf books from other sites such as mybebook.com and it does not save the title page.

I plugged my reader into the computer and the ebook library listing under pictures shows nothing. There appears to be no way to remove these images, although I assume that by formatting the reader they would be removed; I have not tried that yet.

Any thoughts out there as to why this is happening? Has this happened to any one else?
acprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I should say also that all of the pictures or title pages showing up are from books that have already been deleted.
Advert
Old 10-06-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
They're there under an Adobe folder - I can't recall off-hand which one, but you shouldn't have to reformat to clear them out. I've seen the same thing, but I've not bothered about zapping mine so far!
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #4
acprinter
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
They're there under an Adobe folder - I can't recall off-hand which one, but you shouldn't have to reformat to clear them out. I've seen the same thing, but I've not bothered about zapping mine so far!
Thanks for the information, I found the folder and zapped them.

After plugging in the reader a folder called removable disk opens up, inside is a folder called Digital Editions/thumbnails/database/media/books. That's where they were.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:17 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Thanks for the talk-through, Acprinter. I've noticed several unnecessary covers in my 505 picture files, too. I try to keep the baggage in my reader to a minimum, storing stuff on my PC and laptop, so it's good to find I can throw out even more excess. I just don't get these chaps, by the way, who worry because they can't store 13,000 titles in the reader itself. Sure there will be problems with such a huge library in the wee thing. Who needs 13,000 books in their pocket? Mind you, I spent most of my life working around the world and got into the habit of travelling light, so maybe I'm missing something. Hoots. Neii
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert