Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-11-2007, 12:28 PM   #1
kilofox
Connoisseur
kilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Books.app - eBook Reader for the iPhone

"Books.app is a simple eBook reader for the iPhone. It reads HTML and text files stored in your Media/EBooks folder, and is smart enough to enter subdirectories, if, for instance, you've broken a book down by chapters."

iphonebooks

Now if I can find the time to try it....

kilofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:09 PM   #2
fireproof
Enthusiast
fireproof began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten|TX, Sony Reader^H^H^H^H, iLiad, iPhone
yay! Book.app

Just what I'd been hoping for -- this is an app worth figuring out the whole "jailbreak" thing for my iPhone.

Perhaps at some point in the future the author will accept suggestions... I'm dreaming of a way to use the volume up/down rocker to page through books, though maybe that's just my old Palm reflexes showing up.
fireproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2007, 02:50 PM   #3
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
Is that a life-size screen image? I haven't seen an iPhone in the flesh yet. If the screen is really that large and readable, then the iPhone looks like it might be better than the average PDA for reading. Of course, I'd never buy one :-)
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:10 PM   #4
ZachBG
ZachBG began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Hi! I'm happy you discovered my little app. It had its first binary release today, and it's looking quite a bit prettier than it was at those earlier screen shots.

The screen isn't quite that large--it's 160 dots per inch, which is quite a bit sharper than most computer screens. It's quite readable, however.

At the moment, installing Books.app (or any application, for that matter) onto the iPhone is a major pain in the neck. I'm working on a utility that will easily transfer the actual books to where you can find and read them.

Of course, the software is very much alpha--but I'm always open to suggestions and comments!
ZachBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:50 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Zach, you may call it alpha, but judging from the screenshots, it already looks like a killer application for the iPhone. Well done!!!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert