Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-10-2024, 03:10 PM   #1
PaigheTurn
PaigheTurn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
How to unlock "collections" or at least install an alternative via Jailbreak?

I bought and repaired an old Kindle 3 from a junkshop but it seems to be blacklisted. Registration isn't allowed. So I cant create folders and I cant even archive anything.

My kindle is already jailbroken so I have that option. Can you guys recommend me a patch that would finally let me organize my books into folders?
PaigheTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 03:16 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You won't find anyone on here helping you to bypass a blacklisted Kindle to be able to fully use it. The Kindle you bought should never have been sold.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2024, 07:42 PM   #3
PaigheTurn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You won't find anyone on here helping you to bypass a blacklisted Kindle to be able to fully use it. The Kindle you bought should never have been sold.
This is a 13 year Kindle with a destroyed E ink screen. Its a model that the owner probably threw away without deregistering it. I just wanted to make that clear in case youre implying something of my character.

Also, I know that register bypass exists on this forum. Its just that Im a newbie thats scared of bricking my device and is seeking advice from better people. If an old post doesnt explicitly say "allowed for Kindle 3" I dont install it.

Last edited by PaigheTurn; 01-10-2024 at 07:45 PM. Reason: clarification of research
Old 01-12-2024, 11:41 AM   #4
bugmen00t
Connoisseur
bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Keyboard + Kindle Voyage WiFi + Kindle PW11 Kids
Back in old days when I was too lazy to manually create 50+ author-based collections I used to run some CLI program that scanned storage on connected Kindle Keyboard and then replaced /system/collections.json with custom one based on subfolders it discovered in /documents.

I can't remember the name of this tool, but you may try some variants listed here.

Last edited by bugmen00t; 01-12-2024 at 11:44 AM.
bugmen00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 03:54 AM   #5
PaigheTurn

@bugmen00t Thanks for actually replying respectfully. I did the research from your URL and was finally able to organize all my books.
Advert

Tags
collections, folders, kindle3