Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #16
RicciBobbi
RicciBobbi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Success! After converting all books to MOBI I then transferred them in batches using the send specific format option to make sure they all went across as MOBI files as a lot of them had multiple formats. After transferring all the books I ran the collections plug in, restarted the kindle and everything is set up perfectly! Thank goodness for that.
RicciBobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #17
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Mass Transfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicciBobbi View Post
Success! After converting all books to MOBI I then transferred them in batches using the send specific format option to make sure they all went across as MOBI files as a lot of them had multiple formats. After transferring all the books I ran the collections plug in, restarted the kindle and everything is set up perfectly! Thank goodness for that.
When adding a significant number of books at once (even if you did it in several back-to-back operations) to a Kindle makes it go into an indexing mode for a significant time, even when the Kindle is sleeping, and this tends to drain the battery quite quickly. Leave it plugged into a wall charger overnight (or depending on the amount of transferred books, several nights).
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 01:15 AM   #18
RicciBobbi
RicciBobbi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the tip Alan! Everything has been running smoothly since the other day, I usually charge it every night anyway cos I am reading fiend! Hehehe
RicciBobbi is offline   Reply With Quote