Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Blurry icons on carousel

Does anyone else have this problem? I posted this to another forum and some users are having it on there as well. When I turn on my fire the icons on the carousel are sometimes blurry. If I leave the home page and go back to it they clear up.

It's all the apps, but generally not books, and they are all Amazon apps. No idea what could be causing it, but it comes and goes, and generally happens at least once a day. My fire is not full by any means so it wouldn't be related to that. I still have over 5GB's free.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
I've noticed this on occasion, usually just after booting up. My guess is that it's the result of a programming trick that helps the carousel load faster; programmers use low-res thumbnails first to get something up on the screen, and then load those images in full resolution later so that things snap in to place. I'm just speculating.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
janicew
Enthusiast
janicew began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire
The only blurry icons I've noticed thus far are the sideloaded apps are blurry on the carousel all the time. Their regular icon is fine. I assumed that was due to the upscaled size not being supported by sideloaded apps.
janicew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by janicew View Post
The only blurry icons I've noticed thus far are the sideloaded apps are blurry on the carousel all the time. Their regular icon is fine. I assumed that was due to the upscaled size not being supported by sideloaded apps.
Yes, that's one reason many want to customize the carousel. The BIG and blurry icons from sideloaded apps isn't appealing.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:29 PM   #5
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

None of mine are sideloaded apps, just wanted to add that.

weatherman - that's an interesting point, I suppose it could be that.
Advert
Old 12-17-2011, 11:59 PM   #6
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Now it's only my Angry Birds icon. It's completely blurry, has been all day even after restarting and so forth. I deleted the data in the app manager and that didn't help. So baffling.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
ludovicus
ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5, Fire HD 10, Sony PRS-T1
I know this is an old thread, but I recently noticed some blurry icons as well on side-loaded apps.

Then strangely enough, one of my icons completely disappeared (it became an empty gray square), and cycling from the Kindle Launcher to GO Launcher EX and back fixed the problem.

I also came across this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8...indle-fire-app

Hope this helps anyone else who is having this problem...
ludovicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:12 AM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovicus View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I recently noticed some blurry icons as well on side-loaded apps.

Then strangely enough, one of my icons completely disappeared (it became an empty gray square), and cycling from the Kindle Launcher to GO Launcher EX and back fixed the problem.

I also came across this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8...indle-fire-app

Hope this helps anyone else who is having this problem...
It happens all the time with 6.3 firmware. It fixes it self though just keep switching screens back and forth. My Mantano and ES File explorer does this all the time. One minute gray square and the next it's back again and then gone again then back.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:18 AM   #9
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I used to get those blurry Icons & Grey boxes alot with the "Carousel" with my side loaded apps .

One of the main reasons I utterly despised the Kindle launcher/home screen and stared using Go launcher EX with rotating wall paper.
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote